INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    That is a lot in one day !!

2. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I don't see the others picking at her but I don't watch 24/7. Where do I get Blue-Kote. I Googled it and I don't see it at TSC or anywhere in Indy. Should I order it online to get it faster? I was expecting to find this on the EEs, not one of the White Rocks.

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Thunder- I got mine at TSC. It's with the cattle and goat meds. Try not to get it on you( almost impossible), cause it stays awhile!!

4. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Mine is a little pump spray bottle for about $7( I think). But yes same stuff

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Denand- do you think she got mites because she can't preen herself properly with her beak? I don't know - I have no experience with that - more just asking. I haven't had a chick have that problem (yet). Any chicken can get mites I just wonder if that made her more susceptible. My roo had them horrible in the spring. Makes me itch just thinking about it.

Thanks to all who helped me with the EE question. I was starting to panic. I really need to list a couple of my Roos on craigslist and then this time actually let the person who responds have them lol. I can tell my hens are getting a little irritated. One of my sebrights should really go. :/ besides the constant attempts at mating and annoying my girls i like them. They are hilarious to watch. and one follows my SLW girl everywhere. I think he's enamoured.

6. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Old salt- thanks for posting the feeder pics again. I fully intend to copy your design. And I hope you recover from all of that processing. I wish you lived closer I'd offer to buy some freezer stock. Sounds like you have plenty!

7. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    I hadn't thought about her not being able to preen!! Good thought!! I'm not sure I've seen her try!! And I'm not sure I've seen her dusting either! I can't believe I hadn't noticed them since I pick her up all the time. Well she's dusted now and I'll just have to do her more often! And yes they should make your skin crawl!! They do!! What Roos do you need to get rid of?

8. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Great, thanks all!!! I googled again and see it on TSC.. I was wondering why I didn't see it before. Must have misspelled it the first time. I'll pick some up tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by