INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thats why you get rose comb leghorns. I have some never had one get a frost bit comb, great for indiana weather lol

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom True BYC Addict

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
  4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
  5. acrull

acrull New Egg

Dec 6, 2011
    New Castle, Indiana. I have a wonderful, gorgeous flock of chickens, turkeys and guineas. My Aracuanas are favorites- outside of the gorgeous cross-bred roosters -unusual with characteristics of Aracuanas, barred rock, australorp, sex-link, rhode island red , and buff orphingtons. I also have some turkey crosses between bronze, red bourbon and royal palm - the prettiest is a hen I named Pearl who is silver colored. Love my birds - all pets and most born here.

6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Sally- someone was wanting a splash roo, can't remember who!!!

Acrull- welcome! Hope you like to read!! A chatty bunch here!! Sounds like you have a bit of everything;)

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Welcome !!! You'll have to post some pictures of your birds, We LOVE pictures !!

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Vickichicki maybe?

Welcome, Acrull! Take a look at the link in my signature to our Indiana page. There is a link to the members list. If you'd like to be added, send me a pm with your info and I'll add you to the list!

9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I might have a mixed rooster to rehome. He was supposed to get large but is not as large as i was thinking. He just started to crow but he is also trying to get to the top of the pecking order and i can't have him be boss chicken. I need my HRIR roos to be in charge. But he is adorable and has really soft feathers.
    I'm giving him some time to work things out in isolation until I need the small pen. Depending on how fast my meaties grow, he may not have much time. I took my meaties outside today at 8 days old and they loved it. I kept them in the sun and in a pen so no hawks but they did a little foraging. I just can't believe how fast they don't want heat. Sure not like the layers I raise.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    vickichicki (sorry if I mispelled it) was the one looking for a bantam cochin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by