INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Quote:

I call this gal "big red" because her comb is so big. No frostbite for her last year.

I'll be interested to see how this boy does this winter. It will be his first winter with his adult size comb and wattles.

I think the most important thing is to keep them from dragging their wattles through the water if possible. That's why I like waterers that have smaller cups.

New Castle, Indiana. I have a wonderful, gorgeous flock of chickens, turkeys and guineas. My Aracuanas are favorites- outside of the gorgeous cross-bred roosters -unusual with characteristics of Aracuanas, barred rock, australorp, sex-link, rhode island red , and buff orphingtons. I also have some turkey crosses between bronze, red bourbon and royal palm - the prettiest is a hen I named Pearl who is silver colored. Love my birds - all pets and most born here.

Sally- someone was wanting a splash roo, can't remember who!!!

Acrull- welcome! Hope you like to read!! A chatty bunch here!! Sounds like you have a bit of everything;)

New Castle, Indiana. I have a wonderful, gorgeous flock of chickens, turkeys and guineas. My Aracuanas are favorites- outside of the gorgeous cross-bred roosters -unusual with characteristics of Aracuanas, barred rock, australorp, sex-link, rhode island red , and buff orphingtons. I also have some turkey crosses between bronze, red bourbon and royal palm - the prettiest is a hen I named Pearl who is silver colored. Love my birds - all pets and most born here.

Welcome !!! You'll have to post some pictures of your birds, We LOVE pictures !!

Sally- someone was wanting a splash roo, can't remember who!!!

Acrull- welcome! Hope you like to read!! A chatty bunch here!! Sounds like you have a bit of everything;)

Vickichicki maybe?

Welcome, Acrull! Take a look at the link in my signature to our Indiana page. There is a link to the members list. If you'd like to be added, send me a pm with your info and I'll add you to the list!

I might have a mixed rooster to rehome. He was supposed to get large but is not as large as i was thinking. He just started to crow but he is also trying to get to the top of the pecking order and i can't have him be boss chicken. I need my HRIR roos to be in charge. But he is adorable and has really soft feathers.
I'm giving him some time to work things out in isolation until I need the small pen. Depending on how fast my meaties grow, he may not have much time. I took my meaties outside today at 8 days old and they loved it. I kept them in the sun and in a pen so no hawks but they did a little foraging. I just can't believe how fast they don't want heat. Sure not like the layers I raise.

Back
Top Bottom