INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

does anyone have a baby cochin they wanna sell me? im starting to really miss my silver laced cochin and my blue bantam cochin :(

I can't recall what ages he has but I just got a pair from a guy in NW IN, they are black and I chose to get 10 mos olds but if you're interested let me know and I will PM you with his info. I got a frizzle bantam roo and smooth bantam hen. My first cochins and the roo just cracks me up! All kinds of head bobbin' and weavin' with THE funniest noises! Ha! Still can't get over how tiny they are!

I cant wait till next weekend!  I will have around 60 eggs go into lock down.  They are all mystery eggs that i received from someone. They will be mix breed all all kinds of different breeds. My only concern is he said there might be some duck eggs mixed in but i cant tell the difference in what i have so maybe there isnt any duck eggs mixed in. 

I have to commend you for having some serious patience! I've only gotten variety pack once and swore I'd never do it again! ! Suspense drove me crazy! No kidding! Ha!

I can't recall what ages he has but I just got a pair from a guy in NW IN, they are black and I chose to get 10 mos olds but if you're interested let me know and I will PM you with his info. I got a frizzle bantam roo and smooth bantam hen. My first cochins and the roo just cracks me up! All kinds of head bobbin' and weavin' with THE funniest noises! Ha! Still can't get over how tiny they are!
pm me ill see if he has babys or if there older either way i want some cochins lol

Just found this Indiana thread. Happy to be a member of BYC, we bought our first chickens ever (8) last Friday. 4 pullets, NHR and amber links, and 4 straight run. 2 each of SLW and leghorn. After reading thru some of this thread, I'm now worried that some of the pullets won't be girls. We want between 4 and 6 hens, and no rooster unless he's well behaved.

Building a pallet coop, the 4 x 8 base is on the posts already, but no sides up yet. 3 stall laying beds are made, ready to put on when the walls are done. Amazing how many pallets are out there for the taking! Dpn't know why anyone would buy the cheaply made things, unless they just can't build something.

How young is too young to feed the chicks anything but the starter feed? I found a fly that hibernated, only to become chick feed this morning. How funny that was watching them play keep away with each other when the fly got cornered lol.

My wife and I would like to meet someone in the Indy area to see a working coop, to make sure we are on the right track. We live just south of Speedway, near the 8 Second Saloon.

Steve and Sondra
My daughter lives in Indy in the Cottage Home Historic District near downtown by the Arsenal High School. Her neighbors have chickens and a rooster-- in downtown Indy! My daughter has mentioned that there are chicken coop tours, usually in the summer, and a business called Nap Town Chickens 317-938-1199 on Kessler Blvd. that has a Facebook page.

If anyone is interested, I added more photos on my profile page. I can't wait until spring to get some good photos. "Too Fast" Steve and Sondra might want to look at my coop photos. The only thing I would've changed about it is having a window. I'm also still in the process (have to wait until spring to complete) of staining it and painting a mural. I know it should have been stained first, but we had to get the coop built fast because the chickens were outgrowing the dog kennel in my daughter's bedroom. We would take them out everyday for supervised free ranging time, but we kept having to bring them in and out. One important thing to remember when building a coop is to make sure there are no little nails or staples laying around on the ground because the chickens can eat them and die from "hardware death."

Just found this Indiana thread. Happy to be a member of BYC, we bought our first chickens ever (8) last Friday. 4 pullets, NHR and amber links, and 4 straight run. 2 each of SLW and leghorn. After reading thru some of this thread, I'm now worried that some of the pullets won't be girls. We want between 4 and 6 hens, and no rooster unless he's well behaved.

Building a pallet coop, the 4 x 8 base is on the posts already, but no sides up yet. 3 stall laying beds are made, ready to put on when the walls are done. Amazing how many pallets are out there for the taking! Dpn't know why anyone would buy the cheaply made things, unless they just can't build something.

How young is too young to feed the chicks anything but the starter feed? I found a fly that hibernated, only to become chick feed this morning. How funny that was watching them play keep away with each other when the fly got cornered lol.

My wife and I would like to meet someone in the Indy area to see a working coop, to make sure we are on the right track. We live just south of Speedway, near the 8 Second Saloon.

Steve and Sondra
Welcome to the thread!! we are glad you've joined us
frow.gif
You can find members nearby if you click the link for the member page in my signature. I know we have a few in your area. Wood pallets are a treasure for sure!

Snowing here too!

My birds are so funny about snow. When the door opens in the morning they all charge to it and when they see snow on the logs, the first one in line stops and there is a 6 chicken pile-up on that interstate
lau.gif

lau.gif
I can picture that~!!! Its still coming down here too, hope this is the last one for the year, I am ready for some camping and fishing
big_smile.png

I will. Do I post them up the same way I do with others, load them up on Photo Bucket and then post the image code?

Wifey is wondering about the little things pecking/possibly eating the paper towels in their brooder pen. We have paper towels on top of the wood shavings, to help clean up from the pooping machines.
They usually don't tear into it the first week or so, but yes, they sure so poop a lot
gig.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Looks great!! Keep the pictures coming, I have a few coops to build this spring...Ok, ok a LOT
big_smile.png
I love seeing other peoples designs

Back
Top Bottom