INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

They are neat looking birds. My son Bought this one at the Lebanon show last fall and named her Cammy..
That is where I got mine. I bought her from a guy that had a big grey livestock trailer and she was the only one he had. But like right across from him I saw a tent that had several cages under it and quite a few d'uccles in it. Is that where your son bought his? When I had decided I should get another to go with this one, I went over there and they were all gone.
I am fairly certain that a lot of the TSC "Assorted Bantam" bins have Mille Fleur d'Uccle chicks in them. (At least here in Central IN, I don't know about where your from) I looked at some pics to try and make sure I knew what I was looking for and picked out two last week. I guess I'll know for sure in a few more weeks when they feather in.
Buff brahma bantams look pretty similar to mille fleur d'uccle chicks. You should know in a few weeks. Good luck with your chicks
These are supposed to be SLW...I'm extremely fond of all my chickens, but does anyone else think these are the "ugliest SLWs" they've ever seen???
hu.gif

I bought them at the RK in Muncie. The bin said SLW pullets. Does it look like they're both girls? One has much more lacing around her head and the other is smaller, but has a bit more pink to her comb. Other than a slight size difference and terrible coloring, they look like they are the same sex. I'm planning on moving them outside in the next couple of weeks, but I'd rather just rehome them.
Any takers? Make me an offer... I would be happy to keep them in the brooder until we are sure they're both girls.
lol, any HQ SLW I have had go through a very ugly, awkward stage. They will get prettier

You will LOVE the Bielies!  They eat like horses as babies, though, and will quickly be about three times the size of most of the rest of your chicks!  I keep worrying mine will trample the tiny Isbar chicks!  What a cool assortment of chicks/eggs! 

I picked up an assortment of chicks today as well as some eggs! Only thing is I don't know exactly what the chicks are! Lol. I believe there are legbars, Rhodebars, bielefelders, possibly marsh daisies and can't remember the other possibilities. I'm thinking the big white chick maybe an orpington? No idea on the black chick either. Also picked up an assortment of eggs of legbars, Russian orloff, hedemora, cuckoo silkie, jubilee orpington, partridge barthuhner, and sulmtaler. I also got coronation Sussex eggs for Janet and meet up with her. I took some turkey eggs from her and also picked up a shipment of showgirl eggs from the PO! My incubator is now packed full of eggs!

Awe you're missing one color! ! Chocolate!
You should've arranged picking up some! My bator is full and mine just keep going in the fridge. ..I hate it really!

Beautiful eggs tho! Congrats Brad!

I picked up an assortment of chicks today as well as some eggs! Only thing is I don't know exactly what the chicks are! Lol. I believe there are legbars, Rhodebars, bielefelders, possibly marsh daisies and can't remember the other possibilities. I'm thinking the big white chick maybe an orpington? No idea on the black chick either. Also picked up an assortment of eggs of legbars, Russian orloff, hedemora, cuckoo silkie, jubilee orpington, partridge barthuhner, and sulmtaler. I also got coronation Sussex eggs for Janet and meet up with her. I took some turkey eggs from her and also picked up a shipment of showgirl eggs from the PO! My incubator is now packed full of eggs!
I just looked up picsof partridge barthuhners and they are beautiful! They remind me of easter eggers.

Awe you're missing one color! ! Chocolate!
You should've arranged picking up some! My bator is full and mine just keep going in the fridge. ..I hate it really!

Beautiful eggs tho! Congrats Brad!
Haha. I have my Birchen Marans, though they don't lay as dark as BC Marans! I honeslty need isbars or olive eggers! Then I'll be very happy with the eggs colors I have lol.

Haha. I have my Birchen Marans, though they don't lay as dark as BC Marans! I honeslty need isbars or olive eggers! Then I'll be very happy with the eggs colors I have lol.

I'm all about the colorful egg basket as well. I can't WAIT until my isbars start laying. I got mine through Omega Hills Farm and would absolutely recommend him. Otherwise I can hook you up with some hatching eggs in a few months!

That is where I got mine. I bought her from a guy that had a big grey livestock trailer and she was the only one he had. But like right across from him I saw a tent that had several cages under it and quite a few d'uccles in it. Is that where your son bought his? When I had decided I should get another to go with this one, I went over there and they were all gone.
Buff brahma bantams look pretty similar to mille fleur d'uccle chicks. You should know in a few weeks. Good  luck with your chicks
lol, any HQ SLW I have had go through a very ugly, awkward stage. They will get prettier

So you think they will get better lacing?

I'm all about the colorful egg basket as well.  I can't WAIT until my isbars start laying.  I got mine through Omega Hills Farm and would absolutely recommend him.  Otherwise I can hook you up with some hatching eggs in a few months!  
I have a source for greenfire isbars, so I may get them and we can again swap lol. One thing about greenfire lines, I heard that somewhere along the line, greenfire crossed them with brown egg layers, so occasionally you will get ones that lay brown eggs from greenfire.

Back
Top Bottom