INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

It's been pretty quiet on the pond. Yesterday was just the 2 male blue winged teal. A pair of mallards showed up for awhile. Today there were 3 male teals and a pair of geese just flew in. Kinda seems empty after all the bird activity last week!

that is awesome news as I saw a mixed Bantam bin at TSC last weekend.. Can you post a picture of what a chick of a Mille would look like So that I may be able to get a couple.
MIFBS4.gif
this is what Meyer hatchery says they look like, I am going to look for them too seeing how the hatchery's are sold out till may.

I am fairly certain that a lot of the TSC "Assorted Bantam" bins have Mille Fleur d'Uccle chicks in them. (At least here in Central IN, I don't know about where your from) I looked at some pics to try and make sure I knew what I was looking for and picked out two last week. I guess I'll know for sure in a few more weeks when they feather in.
good to know thanks will be on the look out for them, I got this as a example, am I right, Meyer hatchery has this for the chick pic of them.
MIFBS4.gif

First sign of spring in the yard yesterday after work. I have crocuses, daffodils and tulips, only the one crocus is blooming and I can't even see the sprouts from the other bulb plants. Was so happy to spot this though!

I posted this question with a long quote so maybe it was missed ( easy to do I know ).
Can I put 7 -13 week old chicks in the coop with adults, they have been in the Silkie coop and are starting to outgrow the Silkies and are not too kind to them. no blood or anything that mean, but it is the Silkies home so if I can get them out and give the Silkies a break, I would like to do so. What is everyone's op on this. I know what the book says but I prefer life experiences. I have found that they are better then books allot of the time. They will be completely off the heat lamp come Saturday, I only turn it on if it gets below 40 right now.

I picked up an assortment of chicks today as well as some eggs! Only thing is I don't know exactly what the chicks are! Lol. I believe there are legbars, Rhodebars, bielefelders, possibly marsh daisies and can't remember the other possibilities. I'm thinking the big white chick maybe an orpington? No idea on the black chick either. Also picked up an assortment of eggs of legbars, Russian orloff, hedemora, cuckoo silkie, jubilee orpington, partridge barthuhner, and sulmtaler. I also got coronation Sussex eggs for Janet and meet up with her. I took some turkey eggs from her and also picked up a shipment of showgirl eggs from the PO! My incubator is now packed full of eggs!

And here are some quick pictures of the chicks I picked up!

And snap a quick picture of these cuties, a frizzled tolbunt polish butt, bantam Cochin behind the tolbunt, 2 porcelain d'uccle that were smaller than the others, and a tiny modern doing a head stand while sleeping.

And I have finally got the tolbunts and legbars seperated, mixed silkie colored pen moved out of garage and to their coop and run, moved the younger silkie chicks out with the silkies outside, and moved the bantam Cochins outside to their pen! 3 more pens to build and then ALL the chickens will be out of the garage! Trying to get more fencing from a guy from work before shelling out the big bucks to buy from work.

I picked up an assortment of chicks today as well as some eggs! Only thing is I don't know exactly what the chicks are! Lol. I believe there are legbars, Rhodebars, bielefelders, possibly marsh daisies and can't remember the other possibilities. I'm thinking the big white chick maybe an orpington? No idea on the black chick either. Also picked up an assortment of eggs of legbars, Russian orloff, hedemora, cuckoo silkie, jubilee orpington, partridge barthuhner, and sulmtaler. I also got coronation Sussex eggs for Janet and meet up with her. I took some turkey eggs from her and also picked up a shipment of showgirl eggs from the PO! My incubator is now packed full of eggs!

You will LOVE the Bielies! They eat like horses as babies, though, and will quickly be about three times the size of most of the rest of your chicks! I keep worrying mine will trample the tiny Isbar chicks! What a cool assortment of chicks/eggs!

You will LOVE the Bielies!  They eat like horses as babies, though, and will quickly be about three times the size of most of the rest of your chicks!  I keep worrying mine will trample the tiny Isbar chicks!  What a cool assortment of chicks/eggs! 
If I decide to keep them, maybe we can swap to diversify the lines. Mine are all greenfire lines. I just don't know if I should keep them and start yet ANOTHER project lol.

Back
Top Bottom