INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@hoosiercheetah I need someone to design a way to candle an entire GQF tray of eggs at one time. I'm thinking of using a brooder lamp with an energy efficient bulb. But the box to hold the lamp in place and support the tray full of eggs is not something I can easily draw up. I'm not even sure if the metal cone would be needed or just any old light fixture and a clear top of sorts to set the tray on or correctly spaced groves for the edges of the tray to sit on as in the incubator tray holders.
I thought of you as a person who could draw up plans and be willing to post them.

I am going to be trying to find a home for one of my Charlie-Birds (AKA: EE). She is 3 yo on March 26 (Happy hatch day to my oldest birds coming up soon.)

She is not a prolific layer but she has consistently laid the LARGEST eggs of the flock for all 3 years. Eggs are the typical light blue of the ee.

If anyone knows of someone that may be interested, let me know :D

@jchny2000 and any other goat birthing experts out there. These are the due dates for my goats.
Apr 23
May 12
Jun 6 I'm worried about this one. I did not realize she could be in heat so young or she would not have been with the buck. But her blood test came back and this is the estimated due date. At least she will be the third one and not my first. Still anyone willing to come on short notice around that date and help, I'd be more than appreciative.

@SallyinIndiana
Is the chicken from down the road just visiting?

Good to see some photos. I was wondering if you are running electric wires inside your fences? So far almost everyone I know w/goats has run the electric wire inside to keep them from destroying the fences. I was wondering if that was necessary or not.

@SallyinIndiana
Is the chicken from down the road just visiting?

Good to see some photos. I was wondering if you are running electric wires inside your fences? So far almost everyone I know w/goats has run the electric wire inside to keep them from destroying the fences. I was wondering if that was necessary or not.

The neighbor said it was too mean and that is the only place I had to isolate it from my flock. The goats are training the meanness right out of the rooster though, for now. That rooster keeps trying to show the goats who is boss and the goats keep charging at it. The rooster could easily jump the fence but chooses not too. The day it jumps the fence is its last day here.
I don't accept birds normally but to keep peace with the neighbors and given how close the birds are already many of the bio risks are the same my birds face everyday. Same wild birds, same hawks, same local wild skunks, racoons, .... But really the next time I get a person asking for a rooster this white one will go.

Thought I'd share this here too. It's a sweet little video that I think some of you will enjoy!

Many of you know that I use a more "Natural Husbandry" (management) method with my chickens that focuses on PREVENTION of illness by building a healthy immune system and hopefully supporting "natural bacteria warfare".
soldier-with-gun.gif

...Things like healthy feed (including an animal source of protein as often as possible), fresh air, sunshine, access to the outdoor forage areas as often as possible, clean water, healthy ground (as opposed to packed down, unhealthy ground through the use of deep litter use in outdoor runs), pharmaceutical antibiotics reserved for extreme emergency use only (if used at all), etc.

Of course, these same principles apply to people (which this video was really aimed at). Anyhow...here's the video. Hope you enjoy!

0.jpg

I forgot to add earlier that I also have LF Blue Black Splash Cochin eggs available along with the silkies. If anyone is looking for specific colors of silkies, I will have the flock separated soon. If ou don't care about color and just want fluffy eye candy pets, I have eggs pretty much all the time.

Back
Top Bottom