INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

LL
ep.gif
I've seen naked necks, but never this naked!

Got allot done yesterday, finally got Waddles moved. He likes his new pen he has grass in it!!
celebrate.gif
Rehomed the Polish roo, sold my last 2 chicks.
Redone the Silkie wind block/snow free zone, I like it better this way, think they will too.
I really did think I was almost ready for winter, it wasn't going to catch me with my pants down this year!!!!!
hide.gif
I was so wrong!!. I didn't have any snow free zones ready for anyone.
I got an actual Miscellaneous Bantam pen and house. Still need to paint and put finishing touches on it but it is a livable space right now.
The kids came over and was helping out so Mozart got a cut and style, He can SEE....lol
Silkie hen was sitting eggs again!! 2 this time. Don't they know its cold out and only going to get colder...
he.gif

I got Registered with BOAH. So I got that out of they way.
Got allot done but have allot to do yet.... and I thought I was lose to being done... guess your never done when ya got critters.

Hope everyone has a great day.

You really have to be "special" to like the appearance of those "NN"s :p
giggle.gif
:lau they "grow" on you! I didn't like them at first, but they are really sweet birds. Super nice eggs too.
I must be one of those special people! There's just something about them I find adorable, especially the 'bowties'. :love And when they're chicks, they're about the cutest thing on two legs!! :love I don't know why, I've just always kind of wanted one. I haven't ever had the chance to get one, though. :/
(Not my pictures; I found them on Google.)
And then there's @Kassaundra s Rudy
Ah, the scaleless gene! :lol: Such interesting birds. They look so pathetic! And yet, I'd take one in in a heartbeat. :D I love the little sweater, how cute!

Not that it matters now, but we're there any showgirls at the Lebanon show?

I'm a little dissapointed I didn't make more of an effort to get there but I told myself I wasn't getting more birds until Spring. I'm sure something would have found its way home with me so it's probably for the best.

With that being said, if anyone has good breeder/show quality silkie and/or showgirl eggs please let me know. I am planning a possible hatch for a family member. She has kids that are wanting to show birds in 4h next year.

The birds seemed to enjoy their first treat of dry dog food this morning. I soaked a couple cups in water for 10 mins and heated it in the microwave for a few seconds. It was a nice warm treat for them. I sure hope it helps with the molting. I have SEVERAL birds that are still half naked. The ones that have finished molting sure look nice but the others are pitiful looking

Got allot done yesterday, finally got Waddles moved. He likes his new pen he has grass in it!! :celebrate  Rehomed the Polish roo, sold my last 2 chicks.
 Redone the Silkie wind block/snow free zone, I like it better this way, think they will too.
 I really did think I was almost ready for winter, it wasn't going to catch me with my pants down this year!!!!! :oops:  I was so wrong!!.  I didn't have any snow free zones ready for anyone.
I got an actual Miscellaneous Bantam pen and house. Still need to paint and put finishing touches on it but it is a livable space right now.
 The kids came over and was helping out so Mozart got a cut and style, He can SEE....lol
 Silkie hen was sitting eggs again!! 2 this time. Don't they know its cold out and only going to get colder... :he
 I got Registered with BOAH. So I got that out of they way.
 Got allot done but have allot to do yet.... and I thought I was lose to being done... guess your never done when ya got critters.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

I hope today gets better but yesterday was a fun day
Picked up more supplies from rural king went but this familiar ladies house and got a beautiful and friendly polish rooster and would you know it she had a silkie chick and an we chick that are just adorable so they went home with me too(shh it was the plan the whole time) cleaned my giant brooders switch the chicks around and done some magic (made 19 look like 20 lol)
Woke up this morning and number 20 figured out how to get out of the netting and was sitting on too of it with my gaurd chicken neo the silkie roo... The silkie chick missed his siblings so in he went I'm pretty sure if the chicks come from the same place it's safe enough to assume they don't need to be seperated I mean it's been what a week or so..... Her I mean her siblings lol

Last edited:
Not that it matters now, but we're there any showgirls at the Lebanon show?

I'm a little dissapointed I didn't make more of an effort to get there but I told myself I wasn't getting more birds until Spring. I'm sure something would have found its way home with me so it's probably for the best.

With that being said, if anyone has good breeder/show quality silkie and/or showgirl eggs please let me know. I am planning a possible hatch for a family member. She has kids that are wanting to show birds in 4h next year.

I only saw one cockerel for sale, no hens. We didn't spend much time out where the sales were happening, though, so I may have missed some.

Back
Top Bottom