INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Last edited:
One of my original was a Dominique years ago and loved her. Very good egg layer and personality! I've tried several times to aquire more and finally got a few from the Bloomington RK a few weeks ago. Pullets though so unfortunately I don't have a roo as of yet but hopefully I will find one by the time they're grown. I would prefer non hatchery stock but just got what I could find.

Our RK Dominique is most likely a roo. So far, his comb is very poor but hopefully he grows to have a proper rose on his noggin. Super friendly.

@kanina Didn't mean to be short, or rude, on my previous post, but it is irritating and not right for someone to mis-represent a breed that is not true. Not referring to you, but to the person who gave them to you, and it is good that you didn't pay for them. I'm pretty sure this is the person I have questioned before on their stock.

They fall under everything, we did tons of research before we settled on buying from her.

The only thing I can't find is the "technical" term for their coloring.
You did buy them. True BTAs have a pea comb. The picture of one yours is floppy. The coloring looks like it's from the Polish breed.

You did buy them. True BTAs have a pea comb. The picture of one yours is floppy. The coloring looks like it's from the Polish breed.

@kanina Didn't mean to be short, or rude, on my previous post, but it is irritating and not right for someone to mis-represent a breed that is not true. Not referring to you, but to the person who gave them to you, and it is good that you didn't pay for them. I'm pretty sure this is the person I have questioned before on their stock.

I didn't read it as shortness/rudeness, I read it as concern for a fellow BYCer
bow.gif
. I might have been screwed on the breed
th.gif
, but my goal was to get two pretty, laying hens so that part worked out.
lol.png

I've got a two Ameraucana pullets, a Buff Orpington pullet and an Ameraucana cockrel who is just starting to crow. (Its a pathetic crow) Missed my fresh eggs and was tired of waiting for August to roll around.

Last edited:

Thanks. Great pics for comparison. They were supposed to be A&M but are not. So what they are exactly I'm uncertain.
They're 2 weeks tomorrow. Seems like they've been hatched longer but nope. They're still so tiny. I had them with all of the Easter hatches but recently combined them all with a bit older chicks and they seemed fine. Came home from ball games yesterday and one had a few bloody spots on it's head so they are now all 3 just by themselves.

So difficult to get good pics and their bellies/chests are kinda bare so??

@ellymayRans
All 3 still look like girls. (That could be good or bad depending on your goals.) Right about now is when you may see a few orange-red feather shafts start to form on the males' chests, so be on the lookout. Next week, you'll either see the same speckled chests (females) or some with salmon breasts (males).

They look like mine - the common brown Coturnix quail. They lay a ton of eggs.
Here were some of mine at the same age. The one in middle is male.

Back
Top Bottom