INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@Faraday40
I've got Flemish I'm trying to breed, they're half new Zealand though
If we were able to keep a cage empty long enough to put a rabbit it, I might take one. LOL I've been ready to give up the quail for a while but the kids are not. Right now they're starting to lay again, so it makes more sense to wait until fall. The quail eggs are cute anyway.

Kim

@Faraday40
Let me know if you ever want a bun. I've got 3 kinds of brats.

Attachments

• d623598a-652e-450f-b0f1-d2ae1570cce9.jpg
    d623598a-652e-450f-b0f1-d2ae1570cce9.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1
  • 50cb1c99-3bca-41bb-b581-c7c4de8ad895.jpg
    50cb1c99-3bca-41bb-b581-c7c4de8ad895.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 1
So I will be moving in a couple weeks to a month. I won't be able to bring my Muscovy's with.. We need to get settled into the house first. So if anyone is looking for Muscovy's, PM me!

DH was feeling dizzy/ill and not able to drive. We were overbooked with DS having a retreat at church & DD going to compete at the state sci fair. (She won at both school & regionals.)

I dislike driving & was looking forward to a nice retreat with my son, but instead got to wake up at 3:30am to be in Peoria, IL by 6:45am. It was nice to see the sunrise and have a mother-daughter day. I packed sandwiches for a picnic and we ate dinner at Cracker Barrel. She won gold again, met a lot of nice kids, and felt good about conquering her anxiety for the day. We got home exhausted at 9:30pm.

DH had fun at the retreat, but the boys being in charge of the flock was a scary thought! We have breeding groups, brooders, & all sorts of stuff going on. I kept stressing where to put each chicken to avoid unwanted mating, that I guess I didn't mention the obvious..... Keep the coop's chicken door open for hens to go in and lay eggs. Many of the poor girls were locked outside until 2pm. It took him a minute to figure out why there were no eggs in the coop. It was because there were no chickens in the coop! There were eggs outside UNDER the overhang of the nest boxes, on the shelves in the run, under a bush, and even inside the dog house! -- It's not like the dog ever goes in there. LOL We had fun Easter egg hunt this morning as we found all the eggs DH could not.

Back
Top Bottom