INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I like the scruffy before picture better. Is she a Schnoodle?
I know her before is much cuter, but she was so hot the other day that she would only go out for 5 min. So, she needed shaved back to her summer do. We spend a lot of time outdoors.
I have better pics - those are her goofy looks! Ha.
She is actually a goldendoodle.

What kind of rooster?
Hello,

The rooster is an ISA Brown, I think, sorry I am new with chickens. He is reddish color and friendly. Here is a pict with 4 weeks hold, he is now almost 2 months and have way more feathers.
F1A8DC2E-BBB0-4B9B-8D44-527557A3DEA0.JPG

Last edited:
To spend time with DD as she makes her 4H projects, I made a 3D multi media canvas = basically a collage of "stuff" I had around the house.

face & background
img_0034-jpg.1447197

Sponge painted to get speckled paper die cuts
img_0043-jpg.1447199

Added lace & dyed feathers (The kids had fun naming from whom each feather came.)
@Molpet - you may recognize a few
img_0045-jpg.1447200

More flowers & butterflies
img_0047-jpg.1447201

some more feathers & shiny things
img_0050-jpg.1447203
img_0049-jpg.1447227

Since the last pic, I added a necklace, "lip gloss" & am hoping to make some eyelashes. Then figure out a frame for it.

To spend time with DD as she makes her 4H projects, I made a 3D multi media canvas = basically a collage of "stuff" I had around the house.

face & background
img_0034-jpg.1447197

Sponge painted to get speckled paper die cuts
img_0043-jpg.1447199

Added lace & dyed feathers (The kids had fun naming from whom each feather came.)
@Molpet - you may recognize a few
img_0045-jpg.1447200

More flowers & butterflies
img_0047-jpg.1447201

some more feathers & shiny things
img_0050-jpg.1447203
img_0049-jpg.1447227

Since the last pic, I added a necklace, "lip gloss" & am hoping to make some eyelashes. Then figure out a frame for it.
Oh my just lovely!

Waiting on Pixie..............:th I swear her udders are huge. Going to call the vet out, I am so nervous for her. Kyle is going to laugh at me and say wait her out. My CX free range starting tomorrow with my geese for protection. Nibbles my youngest goose may be going away she is aggressive to chicks and humans. Disappointing she was a very sweet gosling.

Guys, lets talk about roosters. Please input! I have had some that where flat mean. Flog you, attack you! I am on my 6th year of egg layers. I want a fella that will breed my girls. Protect and warn them. He also needs to be fertile. I have 2 roosters. Foghorn is my leghorn fella, adore him. Beefy is my Dark Cornish fella and is over my EE flock. You want a fella that's brave, willing to protect his hens. Quiet...both guys do not crow much. Its took me a while to breed these fellas for what I wanted. If you plan to hatch consider what you want.

Guys, lets talk about roosters. Please input! I have had some that where flat mean. Flog you, attack you! I am on my 6th year of egg layers. I want a fella that will breed my girls. Protect and warn them. He also needs to be fertile. I have 2 roosters. Foghorn is my leghorn fella, adore him. Beefy is my Dark Cornish fella and is over my EE flock. You want a fella that's brave, willing to protect his hens. Quiet...both guys do not crow much. Its took me a while to breed these fellas for what I wanted. If you plan to hatch consider what you want.

My Orpingtons are dreamy roosters. Most never go through a testing/hormonal stage, so I don't have to worry about my kids being in the yard with them. Some go through a cockerel 'mate every hen constantly' phase around 8-10 mo old before they figure out how to get permission. But, I've had some that start out as gentlemen as early as 4-5 mo! They're not frequent crowers & some have a nice lower pitched crow that's pleasant. Size is both a pro & con. They're big boys so none of my bantam hens are fertile, they like to eat a lot, and in general they're not as fast. Their size alone may make some predators pass by our yard. Their size can also cause some severe bald-backed hens (usually not as bad after the 1st year).

We have two Araucana roos 2 years old. One is the boss and a fabulous roo toward his girls. The other is good, but since he's not the head roo, he doesn't woo his girls as much.
We added chicks to the flock this year, and integration is complete. I paid extra for female chicks, but we all know that's not 100% guaranteed.
We have one 'pullet' I'm beginning to think is a roo. 'She's' HUGE, but at 4 months old she hasn't crowed yet. Her comb is still small and pink so even if she is a pullet, she's not at point of lay yet.
She's quite sweet. If she does turn out to be a roo, I'll be interested in a new home for a hatchery quality Barred Holland born this past Feb.

Back
Top Bottom