INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Had a funny case of melting chicken yesterday. This is a Leghorn we hatched at a preschool this year. Her name is Tilly.
tilly1-jpg.1449431
tilly2-jpg.1449433
tilly3-jpg.1449436

Pancake has been yelking and kneeling a lot. She and Sweetie are off the nests and looking to get some hot tom action. Maple occasionally gets off the nest. She's so skinny and weak from prolonged broodiness that it would be best just to move her and shock her out of it. Pancake and Sweetie are recovering through me tossing a lot of dog chow out for them to nibble up.

They're ready whenever you are
Okay I'll get all the stuff together and check the weather for next weekend. It's going to be WAY TOO HOT this weekend.

Had a funny case of melting chicken yesterday. This is a Leghorn we hatched at a preschool this year. Her name is Tilly.
tilly1-jpg.1449431
tilly2-jpg.1449433
tilly3-jpg.1449436
Adore her! Mine are all minding the heat going through a whole watermelon every 2 days. I put them in my big fridge and get them good and cold. All the critters enjoy it. Be glad to get some from the garden soon.

This waiting stinks. Pixie is due and still not calved! :barnieHer back quarters on her udders, full. Front quarters not as much. She has become very social and and wants attention. Dixie is about a month behind her. My cow neighbor Jack said any day! I just went out to check on her again, at least its plenty warm for calving.

Do all the adult males house together at night?

What about winter when they don't want to go out of the coop if there's snow on the ground?
If there are no hens the boys do fine together. Coop up together and in winter, what fellas I have coop with the girls. I do not over winter extra roosters. Extra boys are processed. My breeding roos go into the coop they belong in late fall.

"Organically Grown" .... unless it is "organic certified" with the certifying agency stated... is a phrase that companies use to make folks think they're getting a certified organic product when they're not, unfortunately.

Anyhow - the reason I asked about how far you are is that I'm in the SB area and I'm able to get certified organic feed seed by the 50 lb bag over toward the Shipshewana area.

Corn, oats and Barley are usually about $12.50-$13/ 50 lb bag organic; Wheat is more expensive at around the $18 -$20/50 lb bag organic.

I've been getting mine there but only go about every 4 mos or so and get enough to last.

Can you give me info? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it anywhere around us!! Thanks. Sorry I am new here lol

Back
Top Bottom