INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Chaneys Ranch

Formerly jchny2000
Premium member
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Pendleton, Indiana, USA
Random topic I wanted to share. What's your thoughts? You old timers on here know I will discuss or offer topics totally unrelated to anything about chickens, micro farming or homesteading. Last few years it seems folks are being taken by cancer more often, younger than 60. There are places to get a free cancer screening if you don't have healthcare insurance. Just google it! I lost a DIL young, 58 this year & very invasive. Close friend lost her Mom tonight and her Dad isn't responding to chemo either. This is just a few of many this year alone just within my friends and family.
I've not had healthcare myself since 2010. DH is insisting I get something, he has VA for himself. I'm a "don't get sick" type and try to eat whole foods only. My point take care of you for your family. He's convinced me to get healthcare this year.

pipdzipdnreadytogo

Dorking Queen
Premium member
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all from good ol' Bluffton Indiana! Cool to see there's an Indiana thread here. I'm a new member and new chicken owner.
Anyone else close to Bluffton/Fort Wayne?
:frow Welcome! I'm in the Churubusco / Columbia City area, not too far away! :)

User name change approved, :celebrateYES!
:celebrate Good choice! :D

Hi Indiana Friends—including Indiana Thread founder, @Chaneys Ranch! I've "been meaning to" check in with everyone for a long time! Hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving!
Good to see you, M2H!! :hugs How's the flock?

Chaneys Ranch

Formerly jchny2000
Premium member
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Pendleton, Indiana, USA
We are still seeing a few eggs everyday! Finally located the huge hidden Leghorn nest. Of course all but 2 were frozen and split open. We will keep them confined a week to remind them what nest boxes are.
Just wanted to mention I have 3 Nubian dairy goats I've decided not to keep. I do like the breed but just not for us. I prefer my Oberhasli, don't see a need to keep 2 goat breeds with 3 dairy cows. I've posted to Craigslist, but PM me if you have an interest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom