INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

i have 5 babys inside and a cat and 3 dogs so would it affects all of them? and do you know how much it cost for 1?

cats and dogs should be fine. I had a cat when we got ours so I remember that from the package. I don't know about chickens. I did not have chickens when I got them so I would not have been interested in that part at all. I did have my chickens in the house for the first few weeks but we unplugged the ones close to them and they were fine. We got a mouse or two and had to set traps. We have tried filling in the access points but our house is too full of easy entry points so the outlet things work best. I don't use the poison because of our children and chickens. I would not want a child to get in the poison or a chicken to eat a sick mouse.
The cost varies and it has been a few years since I got mine. I think the good ones are close to 20. But they have been out for a while now so maybe the price is lower.

I'd get a hygrometer to measure humidity. I have bought several, but found this one to be the most acurite with temps and humidity
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I think 3 turns a day is the recommended minimum. You want to turn a least an odd number of mes a day. That way the eggs aren't in the Same position every night.

I turned mine at 6, 2, and 10. Or more loosely when I got up, sometime in the earlier afternoon, and then right before I went to bed. Good luck!

Yea when I turned manually I did it when I got up, when I got him from work and before I went to bed. I work retail so my schedule can vary quite a bit. Didnt seem to cause any issues though. With TSC having turners on sale for $35, I figured it was worth it to buy some.

Kinda off topic but I just wanted to let y'all know that I will be hatching chicks to sell soon, just let me know if you want some cute EE chicks and we can work something out:)

mouse trap- take a 5 gallon bucket, a hard wire( like a coat hanger) and a pop can. Attach pop can or any othercylinder shape object and by putting the wire through the can lengthwise, make sure the can can spin fairly easy. Place pop can across the bucket, so the can is somewhat centered. Smear a lil peanut butter around the can and make a little ramp to the edge of the bucket. The mice will jump from the edge of the bucket onto the can, the can spins and they fall into the bottom of the bucket. If you wanna kill the mice, just put a feww inches of water in the bottom, or leave it dry and toss the mice to your chickens.

I had caught many a mouse this way, until the chipmunks go in the garage. They were able to hop back out...so the taller the bucket, the better.

I've not seen mine eat a mouse but...I never would have thought they eat frogs... My poor little 3 year old this summer was playing around the backyard and come running to show me this little toad he had caught. So I praise him and he goes on his way to continue playing...not but minutes later he was just a squalling!! Scared me at first then he was yelling at our Dominique... that little stinker had come right up and snatched that little toad out of his hand and ran with it...of course then you had all of the girls chasing her trying to get it! I felt aweful laughing since my son was crying but I couldn't help it!!! It was just too crazy!

Back
Top Bottom