INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Well I was thrilled to go and glad I did. I wondered if it was frizzled...I'm not use to the silkie breeds and it's so hard to tell if they're frizzled/sizzled or what!
I've been considering showing (Black Copper Marans) but wouldn't know where to begin. Is there a good site to reference for what steps to take to enter?
This site lists shows in Indiana or any other state. http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Indiana.html

You can print your entry form off, of the shows web site. They are pretty easy.

B/LF Breed Variety then you would mark if it is a cockrel ,pullet , cock or hen
LF Maran Black Copper Maran

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my fodder system. Think I finally got a good system. Now its time to increase the size
[/IMG][/IMG]

Does anyone here no of anyone who breeds or sells Antwerp Quail chickens? I had three hens. I now just have 1. :( but I have my coop and run finished so I'm ready to get some more. My kids love the breed and I promised I would find more :/ . I thought about ordering some but I think I would rather get some that are big enough to be outside. Maybe I'm being to picky? Lol

ok I admit I am a total newb, but do bantams really start getting lift at a week old? They seriously look like they are trying to fly out of the brooder. I just went and made a chicken wire lid because I was afraid they would make it

Last edited:
We have a rather tragic 8x8 deck... don't think he can make one to fit out there yet. Heck a fold out deck chair and we have eaten half the footage :D

I am loving the coop.. Really great paint job makes it look complete. Am I mistaken in seeing a Roo with your ladies? Show us a pic of the little chicken, maybe you did get a bantam.
I'll see if I have a current one. The possible bantam we call Solo, since she is almost always by herself. She is about half the size of the others.

Last edited:
My babies went out with the big girls 2 days ago. All went smooth until it started to rain. I felt so bad but I couldn't stop laughing. By the time they figured out how to get in the house away from it, it had stopped raining. Lol

Back
Top Bottom