INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here are pics of my son's Ancona ducklings which arrived a week ago today. They were a belated birthday present for him. We ordered the minimum 15 and they added an extra. They only lasted about 2 days in this tub until we moved them into a growout pen in the barn. We couldn't keep the tub dry from all their splashing!

There are 3 ducklings that have this brownish color -- chocolates?? We ordered our ducks from Stromberg's and it only had black ducks shown. I'm wondering if the breeder has other colors as well???? (The middle duck in the bottom pic has the same brown color)

The babies in their barn coop. These pictures were taken today -- 10 days old now!

Benji's photoshoot with Bigfoot, his favorite duckling

Last edited:
Anyone in Indiana within 2 hours driving time to michigan have fertile eggs in any of the following breeds
Light brahma
Light or coronation sussex
Lemon cuckoo orphington
Cornish cross meat chickens

Quote:
hide.gif
awww

Here are pics of my son's Ancona ducklings which arrived a week ago today. They were a belated birthday present for him. We ordered the minimum 15 and they added an extra. They only lasted about 2 days in this tub until we moved them into a growout pen in the barn. We couldn't keep the tub dry from all their splashing!

There are 3 ducklings that have this brownish color -- chocolates?? We ordered our ducks from Stromberg's and it only had black ducks shown. I'm wondering if the breeder has other colors as well???? (The middle duck in the bottom pic has the same brown color)

The babies in their barn coop. These pictures were taken today -- 10 days old now!

love.gif
OH! Look at that lil face!

Anyone in Indiana within 2 hours driving time to michigan have fertile eggs in any of the following breeds
Light brahma
Lemon cuckoo orphington

frow.gif
Hope you find some Coronation sussex, I have one lonely lil girl, very bad shipped eggs! Out of 14, 1 hatched. They are such sweet birds, and she is already BIG! Bradselig did have lemon cuckoo, he is on here pretty regular, so I bet he will holler if he still does.

Here are pics of my son's Ancona ducklings which arrived a week ago today.  They were a belated birthday present for him. We ordered the minimum 15 and they added an extra.  They only lasted about 2 days in this tub until we moved them into a growout pen in the barn.  We couldn't keep the tub dry from all their splashing!

There are 3 ducklings that have this brownish color -- chocolates??  We ordered our ducks from Stromberg's and it only had black ducks shown.  I'm wondering if the breeder has other colors as well????  (The middle duck in the bottom pic has the same brown color)

The babies in their barn coop. These pictures were taken today -- 10 days old now!

Ok, now this makes me want ducks again lol!

Light brahma
Lemon cuckoo orphington

I will likely have some chicks hatching the beginning of next week if your interested. They are from a lemon cuckoo roo over buff hens. So they will be Lemnos cuckoo or buff chicks. The last group I had of 11 chicks, about 9 turned out lemon cuckoo and 2 buffs.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I've been stalking the site when I have time (last couple days have been crazy w/work and kids' activities). You guys are very, very active! I love all the pics of your chickens!

I found a great looking coop for a reasonable price on craigslist! I'm really excited about it!

Question that I haven't found a consistent answer to....In the winter, do I need to put some sort of heating lamp in the coop, or are the chickens okay as long as I get "cold weather" chickens? I'm just wondering if the coop has to be close to the house for that purpose, or if I can put it further out in the yard (which is what I would like).

TIA!

Thanks everyone for all the info. I've been stalking the site when I have time (last couple days have been crazy w/work and kids' activities). You guys are very, very active! I love all the pics of your chickens!

I found a great looking coop for a reasonable price on craigslist! I'm really excited about it!

Question that I haven't found a consistent answer to....In the winter, do I need to put some sort of heating lamp in the coop, or are the chickens okay as long as I get "cold weather" chickens? I'm just wondering if the coop has to be close to the house for that purpose, or if I can put it further out in the yard (which is what I would like).

TIA!
I put a heat lamp in the coop even with my adults.I have cold hardy chickens, but just incase one night they are cold they can go lay by the heat lamp.I had an EE she did very well in cold weather, but she loved to sleep right beside the heat lamp.So you dont really need one as long as you get cold hardy chickens, but i perfer to put on in my coop during the winter.

Back
Top Bottom