INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I sent a taunt out to racinchickins concerning egg production.  If you ask him nicely, I'm sure he would share it with you.  :p

John
I haven't tried anything to try to increase it yet. I figure its a nice break for them. I'll give them a few more weeks and then start adding more light in coop and higher protein feed and see if that helps.

Hello everyone, I'm still in Indy at my older daughter's. If I would have read the thread earlier I might have contacted lilmizscareall about getting some eggs. Tomorrow I'm going to Bloomington to pick up my other daughter for thanksgiving break. It's apparent on this thread that thanksgiving is near with all the talk about light meat and dark meat. I prefer the discussions about pasta and egg dishes. I miss my pet chickens. My husband sent this photo of them to me today.

Awww, I'd say that they miss you too!

Here's a picture of our 8 1/2-week old RIR that our broody Aretha hatched. Her name is Annie. She's a huge crybaby and doesn't give her mother a moments rest. She still sleeps under Aretha's wing at night, even though most of her sticks out.

Here's a picture of the Girls last night. They were upset I was trying to take a picture when they were trying to go to bed.

From left to right, it's Aretha (Cream Legbar), MsJackson (Cream legbar), Adele (Bantam black orp), Edith (BR), Celine (Dominique), and camera-shy Diana (GCM).

For BonBon's benefit--here's a closeup of Adele, her distant cousin. (Adele would be petrified to know I posted a pre-poopscoop shot--don't tell her)
pginsber ~ Very pretty flock! Your orp has a French name, too! (I couldn't come up with a good English chocolate name that hadn't already been taken).
Originally Posted by danand
M2h- Bonbon, I have found all of my Banty to have way more spunk than the LF. After my last dog attack I did find another EE roo, he is now full grown and trying to do his job with the ladies but my Banty Buff Brahma can kick him off a girl with no problem.
danad ~ Haha! I can picture that! I've heard from other members that their banties are feisty, too. Must be how they survive.

Oh the agony!
I'm down to 4 store bought eggs, and I can't stomach to buy(or even eat them) anymore.
I usually get my eggs from green bean delivery or the farmers markets, but it's not in my budget this month.
Anyone in Indy selling their eggs? I need 2 dz a week. Maybe near east side?
lilmizscareall ~ You might PM vickichicki or TooFast. Good luck! I've had to buy "free range" eggs at the grocery lately, and they sure aren't the same.

pginsber ~ Very pretty flock! Your orp has a French name, too! (I couldn't come up with a good English chocolate name that hadn't already been taken).
Originally Posted by danand
M2h- Bonbon, I have found all of my Banty to have way more spunk than the LF. After my last dog attack I did find another EE roo, he is now full grown and trying to do his job with the ladies but my Banty Buff Brahma can kick him off a girl with no problem.
danad ~ Haha! I can picture that! I've heard from other members that their banties are feisty, too. Must be how they survive.

CCCHICKENS posted: Well that stinks. Soon Nene is going to b behind all the other chicken piano players! We dont want that
CCCHICKENS ~ I contacted the woman, but she hasn't replied. She'd better because she wouldn't want to suffer the "RIR on steroids" Wrath of Nene!
somad.gif

kabhyper ~ I bet it was hard to give up those cute fluffies! They look like they should be sold in a set.
  • toodlesmom posted: The following is from a discussion on the Heritage Large Fowl thread. Does this make sense? They claim to have improved hatch rates immensely.
  • toodlesmom ~ I learned to stay away from that thread. The last time you asked us to check out something on that thread, the first post I read talked about how delicious Jersey Giants were to eat!
    hit.gif
There are just 4 going to a new home saturday. The little one in my avatar is staying with me for sure. :)

Okay, we close on our new house on Monday.
big_smile.png
Then comes all the fun of moving 18 years worth of stuff.
barnie.gif

We will be moving our chicken's coop during the move. Does anyone have any advice about moving, stress, getting them use to their new land, etc. for the me about the chickens? I just thought I would ask before we move, so I know what to look forward to.

I am excited to move, but I am worried about stressing my girls out in the process.
D.gif

Thank you in advance for any help, tips, or advice you can share.
If you are moving coop and all, the only thing they will notice is that they now have fresh, un-pooped-on grass.

John

Oh the agony!
I'm down to 4 store bought eggs, and I can't stomach to buy(or even eat them) anymore.
I usually get my eggs from green bean delivery or the farmers markets, but it's not in my budget this month.
Anyone in Indy selling their eggs? I need 2 dz a week. Maybe near east side?
Two dozen a week? How many noodles are you making?
tongue.png

We are in Indy, between Lafayette square and the Art Museum, but our 7 girls are only giving a total of ONE egg a day. We'll be at the store right behind you, soon!

Back
Top Bottom