INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So tried again to get pics of the silkies. No one wanted to go out and taking them inside coop they don't turn out very well. However this stud did go outside. I just love his coloring!
b179c95d76e6a66eb494aa2f0bb61bcb_zpsbde44f19.jpg
He is a handsome guy but is not to standard. He has leakage and would not be ideal to breed toward a silver/gray program. Perfect though if you don't show or care to! He is striking, and I suspect would be more so in better light.

8 and 10 week baby updates!!!!! I love my silkies.
love.gif

The 10 week olds..
Bell

Chance

The 8 week olds...
Gracie

The two whites need names. :)

Henley

Sheldon Cooper

? Needs a name.

Aren't they adorable at that age? Please don't name the last one Minnie Pearl as I suspect that is a male;-) He is also my favorite of the bunch.

I was just notified by the person I'm buying some chicks from ( as a Christmas gift for a friend) they are hatching!!!! Yay!!! So I'll b hearing little peeps in the house again in a day or two. I hope like the dickens her honey has followed thru and gets her coop fixed up soon!!! My "honey" (and I use the term loosely) isn't going t like bitties in the bath tub. Even if they are in a plastic tote with chicken wire over it. Gotta go find my heat lamp... Yippee!! Soooo excited.

you know some people would say they have angels in the coop with the two little orbs floating!!!! just sayin

Lol. I see them as dust particles.

Beautiful....I especially like the black one!

He is a handsome guy but is not to standard.  He has leakage and would not be ideal to breed toward a silver/gray program.  Perfect though if you don't show or care to!  He is striking, and I suspect would be more so in better light.

Thanks! I value your opinion! At this time I have no interest showing but I do want to have nice looking birds. I have no taken a look at the SOP to start breeding towards. Now m going to have to take pics of all my silkies for you to judge! Lol

I got six eggs today and all were frozen. First time I have had that happen
I typically feed the frozen eggs back to the chickens. I mix the eggs, shells, water and some feed together for a treat. Others cook the eggs first.

I do have BCM but need a rooster, as always! I have 2 hens I kept that I am happy with the color and temperament.
I may add more soon, once people are selling eggs again, and hens start laying.
In the meantime I plan on hatching olive eggers, have some adorable rhodebar, and a legbar roo to pick from!
I am in madison county, SE end, south of pendleton
big_smile.png

If I wasn't doing the millies I would be soo tempted, but I have to stop somewhere
lau.gif

We will be tearing out the egg coop soon, its in bad shape, and rebuilding
It will be breeding pens and a new, smaller "egg flock" coop.
These are the friendly birds that aren't quite what I want in color or shape, But enjoy them as flock members.
Mostly EE and oddball breeds I only have a few of. Cut a lot of the roosters out already and more go this week.
Any time you want to borrow a RIR rooster, I have 3 and can only have 1 in the breeding pen at a time right now. That leaves 2 to pick from.

Aren't they adorable at that age? Please don't name the last one Minnie Pearl as I suspect that is a male;-) He is also my favorite of the bunch.
I already have a Pearl, and my mothers dog is Minnie, so that won't happen, but this is also the same bird and there is nothing male about her. I think it was the way she was standing and the angle on her comb in the picture. She is very pullety in person. Then again at 8 weeks it's difficult to tell. Her comb is quite small compared to the others. She is also super tiny. She weighs nothing. So she looks more baby than the others. Do you have any thoughts on sex of the other chicks?

She was looking at the fishtank so her stance is kinda tall compared to her usual squat.

That second white Silkie reminds me of Phyllis Diller! Lol
minmin ~ I bet that kabhyper doesn't know who Phyillis Diller was!
lol.png

Farker Farms ~ Love your gorgeous, healthy looking horses! I can't imagine having to pay a vet bill for a horse-- my cats are expensive enough.
hmm.png

bradselig ~ Lowe's question please: A few years ago, I bought a 7' GE pre-lit Christmas tree. It came with extra bulbs, small silver fuses for lights, and larger gold fuses for plugs that light up sections of the tree. I need more large gold fuses-- are those sold separately or is the tree outdated where I would not be able to find any replacements?

So discouraged! We have had pretty cold weather for the last 2 weeks or so and snow on the ground for the majority of it. My welsummers and blue Andalusian had some black spots on their combs. I bought some bag balm, as someone had recommended, and used it. This morning one of my boy's combs is almost entirely black!!! I made it worse!!

minmin ~ I bet that kabhyper doesn't know who Phyillis Diller was!
lol.png

Farker Farms ~ Love your gorgeous, healthy looking horses! I can't imagine having to pay a vet bill for a horse-- my cats are expensive enough.
hmm.png

bradselig ~ Lowe's question please: A few years ago, I bought a 7' GE pre-lit Christmas tree. It came with extra bulbs, small silver fuses for lights, and larger gold fuses for plugs that light up sections of the tree. I need more large gold fuses-- are those sold separately or is the tree outdated where I would not be able to find any replacements?
Lol I'm older than you think. ;)

Back
Top Bottom