INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Too fast- my girls, especially 1 Orpington, love mice. Dead or alive, or even frozen!! I catch them in snap traps in the garage( where their feed is) and take them to the girls. The Guinnies like them to and will chase whoever has one!!

Chick rookie- my Brodie's have only growled at me!! But I do kinda leave them alone. I do put food and water by mine. And I have a silkie who is pretty determined right now, keep booting her out so I know she gets out a bit. I don't have roo with her so there is no chance of anything fertile.

Flock master- can u post a pic of her, and her foot?

So I just caught up on 2275 posts! My chicken hibernation is hopefully over. My EE, "the survivor" has survived through the neg 0 temps and is being such a trooper as the only feathered friend I have right now. She has not cozied p to the pups at all.

SO, to catch up on the last month and a half...

I am sorry to hear about those who have lost feathered and human family members. Either way it's not easy, but we are such a caring group, lot's of therapy here!

M2H and CRSelvey - you asked awhile back how long my EE was gone after the massacre...it was a little over a week. She would show herself a little at a time. Now she is even letting me pick her up and snuggle. I'll grab her and hold her tight to put some extra warmth on her once in awhile. I can see it in her eyes that she appreciates it. She has remained very healthy - I just sent samples in of one of her eggs and some dirt/soil from various places around the yard.

I AM FREE AND CLEAR!! More chickens for me!! (I had to put all my chickens and turkeys down due to a communicable disease last fall).

Einstein, my tough bird, checking out this white stuff.

My Aussie pup, Roxy, is not 4 months old and ROTTEN!

I think I'll be getting some chicks in the spring, but is there anyone that has pullets that they are needing to re-home? I'm wanting plain ole backyard birds, no show birds or anything. Not wanting to pay a bunch, but willing to pay what they're worth. I am just itching to have some girls following me around! And eggs, how I miss my own eggs!!

I would be willing to drive within 2 hours of Dubois county, so like say Bloomington area down to the Kentucky line. PM me if you have anything!

Good to see other than some bumps and bruises and COLD weather, everybody is doing relatively okay!
yippiechickie.gif

Too fast- my girls, especially 1 Orpington, love mice. Dead or alive, or even frozen!! I catch them in snap traps in the garage( where their feed is) and take them to the girls. The Guinnies like them to and will chase whoever has one!!

Chick rookie- my Brodie's have only growled at me!! But I do kinda leave them alone. I do put food and water by mine. And I have a silkie who is pretty determined right now, keep booting her out so I know she gets out a bit. I don't have roo with her so there is no chance of anything fertile.

Flock master- can u post a pic of her, and her foot?
my girls like mice too but I don't give them dead ones it is hard telling if they died from poison, ( I got neighbors real close )

I left my Australorp alone this summer she tried 2x to hatch. the 2 nd I found out why the 1 st didn't make it.... the others were eating them. I didn't know you needed to move them away from the others. So will never make that mistake again, I was so upset.

I AM FREE AND CLEAR!! More chickens for me!! (I had to put all my chickens and turkeys down due to a communicable disease last fall).

Einstein, my tough bird, checking out this white stuff.

My Aussie pup, Roxy, is not 4 months old and ROTTEN!

Wow. How many birds did you have?

What a sweet puppy!

Nice to meet you. I'm waiting on chicks and tonight I made my husband watch youtube videos of birds running around gardens...

Chickie Rookie - We bred my dad's female and got 7 pups, one was a runt and is still quite smaller than the others. Maybe you just got a fun sized one!!

leslea - I had 19 chickens and 5 turkeys. Some were very nasty looking near the end. Nice to meet you too! He will be just as attached to them once you get them!

I am happy to see a few more Southern IN faces here!

Back
Top Bottom