INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Just t let everyone know, daughter is home and regaining her strength quickly! Results are good so far, but she's not able to eat solid food at all and the doctor said she has a severe case of Siliacs disease and is lactose intolerant. So she's allergic to ALL wheat products and dairy. Vegetables and fruit irritates the bowel and red meat blocks the bowel... So what's th poor girl supposed t eat?

Oh, that's awful! My mom has Celiacs disease! It takes awhile to figure it all out, but thankfully in 2014, there's seriously so many more options for food than she had 10 years ago. Best thing to remember is that WHEAT FREE IS NOT the same as GLUTEN FREE.
My mom can not have any item that's been prepared, baked, fried or touched any other wheat product. So her food has to be gluten free.
My parents now do all their shopping at Walmart, 1) because it's the cheapest 2) the products that are gluten free are now always marked.
You can also call companies directly. That little number on the side of your canned tomatoes? Call it and they will confirm if that particular item is gluten free.
Good luck!

Looks like I may have to cull my Khaki drake from my flock! He is way to rough with my Muscovy hens, they are now bald on the top/back of their heads! These are my children's 4H ducks and now they look horrible. If anyone would like a handsome Khaki drake he is healthy and beautiful I just can't keep him with my Muscovy's. He will be culled by the end of the week if nobody is interested in taking him.
1f614.png

My girl is home, the vet said she has really surprised him... She came out WALKING!!!!! well sort of she drags 1 leg but hey with a broken back that is GREAT. The vet just knew she would never walk again. He wants to give her 2 weeks to start using the other leg if not he will take it. and she has no control of her tail yet so may have to take that to, so she may end up a 3 legged no tailed puppy. but I'll take that over no puppy any day.
big_smile.png

What color would this hen be considered?

The one in the back is a partridge, I just have never known what the black and white ones color is called. Silver penciled?

I have 3 pullets that came from a Silver laced cochin bantam rooster and this cochin bantam hen. The 3 pullets came out all black. They have a bit of green iridescent color in the sunshine but black.

This is one of them, the other two look identical.

I'm considering downsizing my bantams by a few birds and wondered if anyone here is interested in two black bantam cochin pullets. The roo and hen came from TSC last spring. These pullets were hatched by the black and white hen (first pic) back in October so they are almost 5mo old. I would assume you would consider these "pet quality" The parents should not have been related.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

My DH has cautioned me several times to carry my cell phone when I go to the chicken house in slick conditions. I try to do that but sometimes I forget. It's a good habit to get into though!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6187129/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6187134/width/200/height/400]

These are two of the pullets, pic didn't work first time.

My girl is home, the vet said she has really surprised him... She came out WALKING!!!!! well sort of she drags 1 leg but hey with a broken back that is GREAT. The vet just knew she would never walk again. He wants to give her 2 weeks to start using the other leg if not he will take it. and she has no control of her tail yet so may have to take that to, so she may end up a 3 legged no tailed puppy. but I'll take that over no puppy any day. :D
Aw, I'm glad your puppy is okay. She's really pretty. What happened if I can ask?

Back
Top Bottom