INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Thanks all, I'm trying to get it done!! I started the siding and thus gives you an idea of what it will look like.

I think it's break time again lol
just curious how do you plan to finish the inside walls?

sent from your friendly neighborhood poultry raiser! cluck... cluck...

Spoiled silkies want out all the time now. If it wasnt for the hawks I would let them. They see me and pile up at the fence lol.

The EE girls on the other hand are being very good today. Just napping with Scrappy.

The bantams and cochin chicks are wild beasties though. :)

Last edited:
From what I've read, having a mixed flock of ages, I should stay on starter feed for everyone right? I just integrated my babies with my 6 month old pullets.and everyone gets along great. Still no news on my pullet who cant walk, anyone heard of articular gout? I'm thinking she may have this, the vet has been on vacation, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have more answers.

I have 2 hens that are doing an evil thing that I was going to try crating. When the rooster mates 1 of the 6 month olds and 1 of the older girls, these 2 attack them from the face end while the roo has them pinned down.

The 2 attackers are 2 of the best layers in the flock so I'd hate to just take them out. I'm hoping that things will calm down more when they can range more area now that spring is coming in. But this poor little pullet runs every time the rooster looks her way. She's terrified of being attacked and I could just do something I'd be sorry for when I see it happening.
somad.gif

How awful! I am tired of being mad at my BLRW for being a bully to the babies. Things are going BETTER, but still not normal. Better is good because I kicked the 5-6 week olds OUT today into their half of the coop so I have about all I can worry about right now! Tonight is a low of 50 and it isn't going to get below 45 degrees for the next few nights, so I figured I'd take advantage of the window! Two of the Isbars are still missing some feathers on their heads, but they all sleep in a huge pile so I think they will be fine. Their pile puts off some serious heat! I also observed two more of my hens using the nipple waterers, so I think they have figured it out. That is one worry off my mind! Change is stressful for us all!

Marans babies using the new feeder. I have it propped open for now. Tomorrow I will have it so it opens and closes a bit, but is still propped partially open.

Babies in a pile on the ramp. This is actually their first trip outside!

I give mine all purina flock raiser from day one, and then give the hens free choice oyster shell. The flock raiser is more reasonably priced and seems to be a good feed, They free range though so they get greens and protein in the summer that way.

I need some opinions! At first I was thinking of over laping boards for siding, but then I went ahead and tried one wall with the boards laid side by side. This left a ton of gaps so then I went back and started to do a overlapping board and I think it's 100 times better. What do y'all think?
This is the partially done wall with over lap and behind that is the side by side wall. (Partially done because I ran out of nails lol)!!
Opinions please!!!!

Here is a pic of the inside if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I need some opinions! At first I was thinking of over laping boards for siding, but then I went ahead and tried one wall with the boards laid side by side. This left a ton of gaps so then I went back and started to do a overlapping board and I think it's 100 times better. What do y'all think?
This is the partially done wall with over lap and behind that is the side by side wall. (Partially done because I ran out of nails lol)!!
Opinions please!!!!

I like the overlapping. Just my opinion though! It will look great no matter what! Super impressive!

Opinions please!!!!

lol dont mind my son in the middle pic. he thinks the roof is a basket ball hoop now. just noticed him in the pic! Yes we all are ready for this weather

Back
Top Bottom