INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Figured show you guys my littles ones on their filed trip.
This is fluffy my son's 4H project that will not make the fair due to lack of feathers, he's a silver laced Cochin. Not very masculine name:)

These are some of our mixed ones NHR over EE, not sure on sex.

These are the NHR over a leghorn.

Is this one a roo?

Here are some more pics:)

I believe the one in front is a full NHR, pretty sure...

I have them in dog cages for fear of our turkey hen thinking it's a snack. She does love frogs...

Last edited:
I'm wanting to buy some Nubian goat milk to try it out and see if my toddlers will drink it. Anyone know a goat person selling Nubian milk. I prefer Nubian as it is supposed to be higher in fat (a good thing for toddlers).

I am so frustrated!...I live in Granger, Indiana and I guess I am not able to have chickens even though I live in the county...I am required to have 5 acres and be zoned agricultural...What I find amusing is that South Bend which is in the same county can have hens in the city!

I was really hoping a few hens would be ok :(

ui-bookmark.gif
§ 90.08 ACREAGE AND ZONING.
Any person desiring to keep any domestic animals or fowl in the county must have the appropriate zoning of land upon which the animals would be kept. The maximum number of animals that may be maintained on the property shall be determined in light of current animal husbandry and veterinary standards. No shelter or feeding station for domestic animals or fowl closer than 50 feet to the adjoining property line shall be constructed after the date this chapter is in effect. Nothing in this section shall be deemed or construed to prohibit the keeping of bees in a hive, stand or box located or kept within a zoological park, school or in a university building for the purpose of study or observation, as long as public safety is ensured.
(Ord. 10-07, passed 1-9-2007)

This is all I can find on the subject!

MY property is zoned residential because it is less than 5 acres

I am so frustrated!...I live in Granger, Indiana and I guess I am not able to have chickens even though I live in the county...I am required to have 5 acres and be zoned agricultural...What I find amusing is that South Bend which is in the same county can have hens in the city! 

move to marshal county! Im one mile north of Plymouth and have no problems!

I am in the county but do not have acreage!

Do you have a privacy fence? ;)

I'm interested in silkies, what colors do you have for sale? I'm looking for a blue or splash roo and splash chicks.

Most are all still mixed together. I have 4 pens of silkie/showgirls:
Partidge pen: partridge silkie roo over 3 showgirls and 1 silkie
White pen: 2 white silkie Roos over 5 silkie hens and a white showgirl
Black/Blue pen: black showgirl roo over black showgirl hen, blue showgirl hen, blue silkie, and 2 black silkies
Mixed pen: I have a blue, silver partridge (with gold leakage), and splash Roos over several partridge/blue partridge hens, buff hen, silver partridge hen, blue with silver leakage hen, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others. Eventually they will be split up and I will be culling through the flock selling ones I don't need for breeding.

So I typically hatch several colors of partridge, blue, splash, white, and occassionally buff out of mixed flock. I guess I have 5 flocks now, but it is very cockerel heavy lol.

That is weird and unfair! I have never heard of counties controlling out of city limits.

Back
Top Bottom