INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@lilmizscareall posted this message on the Indiana Tshirt Thread about voting on one design to be the Official Indiana BYC shirt so that when you attend chicken events, you can wear your official shirt, which will make it easier to locate fellow Indiana BYCers. I remember hearing about several events, especially one in Lebanon, where members were hoping to meet, but could not connect.

Any Indiana Thread member may order an Official Tshirt as well as other chicken-related Tshirt designs that will be posted following the voting.

Indiana Thread Tshirt Designs - Voting - Now
Still taking votes!
I've only had a fraction on members vote and I'd like everyone to get a chance to be heard. So please submit your choice, soon!
See Designs Here: Indiana BYC t-shirt thread

Morning all Cockadoodledooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
gunchief ~ We need you at Chickenfest as our MC for Events!!

leslea ~ Sorry you won't be able to come! Hope your shoulder injury heals quickly. I recently had a very sore left shoulder-- weird area -- located just below my shoulder blade. It lasted a for around a month. I knew it was from over-doing my yard work. I put ice on it a lot and often used mentholated icy hot patches at night. The pain finally went away, surprisingly since I still did yard work-- it actually felt better when I "warmed it up" working. Like your injury, driving was very painful. Did you find out a diagnosis?
pginsber ~ You're also missing Chickenfest?! I suppose you have a good reason?
th.gif

Originally Posted by Quinstar
Quinstar ~ I was concerned that there had been no communication. I didn't know the whole story when I added my two cents, but you're right; a second "accident" is difficult to accept. At least the situation has been discussed, so it's logical to put up a fence. Maybe with bulletproof glass.
hmm.png

They are my first chickens ever. Glad you think they are clean, every time I give them a bath, they seem to rebel and take a dust bath. LOL

I used hair tape to tape up the crest on my silkies. Seemed to help get the feathers to stick up straight more as they were growing out and since then, I haven't had to use it much.

I've also used hair clips in the crest while the feathers were drying after a bath to help them stick up more instead of falling into eyes. Once the feathers were dried, then I removed the clips for fear the bird would eat it.

In both cases, this chicken was separated from the others to ensure no curious pecking ensued. :)
atrueb00 ~ Thanks for posting the photos!! Do you bathe them for a reason? Besides the fact that they're white! lol Just curious. I've only bathed my chickens when there was a health-related problem. I know that @kabhyper1 has mentioned bathing hers-- probably because she's always doing photo shoots!
I will have to get some Before and After photos of my two Silkies' haircuts. Hopefully their eyes will be intact. I bought some "Kindergarten scissors" today with blunt ends to avoid accidents. I assume the blades will be sharp enough to cut feathers.

pipd ~ Thanks for updating us with photos of your adorable, interesting chicks! You're always so good about labeling the breeds.
wink.png

I'm really bummed I won't be able to make it to ChickenFest. I've been hoping for opportunities to meet up with others. If all goes well and there's interest in another one then maybe that'll happen.

On another note, I'm searching for a couple of hens to add to my very small flock. If anyone knows where I can get either Orpingtons or Wyandottes, would you please let me know.

pginsber ~ You're also missing Chickenfest?! I suppose you have a good reason?
th.gif

M2H-Nope--it's a terrible, very lame reason, I'm sad to say. I'm on call at work. Pretty lame, isn't it? I find it terribly aggravating!
rant.gif

I will definitely be there in spirit! Not sure if there'll be connectivity in those parts, but it would be great to see snaps of all the fun that's going on.

Anyone have storm damage? I had one of my kennel pens moved about 18" or so by the wind. "Mister" was in that kennel with only a plastic dog house for shelter. I went out to see if the dog house had blown over around 130 am and saw that it had moved but was upright. But... I was wrong.

When I went out in the morning it was the kennel itself that had moved. I have a tarp across part of the top and down part of the south side to provide shade and the wind must have caught on the tarp to be able to move it.

Quinstar ~ I was concerned that there had been no communication. I didn't know the whole story when I added my two cents, but you're right; a second "accident" is difficult to accept. At least the situation has been discussed, so it's logical to put up a fence. Maybe with bulletproof glass.
hmm.png
No worries. I just didn't want to bore the entire forum with my long drawn out story of losing my birds. I completely agree that communication is vital, that's why we are going to be sure to let them know that the fence is not about them, but about making sure that our birds don't bother theirs.

Sounds like you flock has grown quite a bit in my time away. ;) Ours seems to be getting bigger and bigger as well!

Back
Top Bottom