INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Info on another swap in Silver Lake, IN

Info on another swap in Silver Lake, IN
i will be set up there. I only live like 2 miles from it.

sent from your friendly neighborhood poultry raiser! cluck... cluck...

I am excited - I was playing with the "girls" and discovered something today... I guess I was blind before cause I play with them daily... but I discovered that 2 of my "yellow" chicks are different from the others. I knew their wings were brown, unlike the others who are solid white... but that was all I noticed that was different until today... I picked one up, pulled her out and got her to stand on my hand without me having to "cradle" her (in the fear she would jump or try and fly away from me) which allowed me to really see her completely and the beauty she is. That is when noticed.. her feet were DIFFERENT from the rest of my chicks...... I 1st noticed the feathers going down her leg to her feet.....THEN I noticed she has an extra toe on each foot (as does her "sister" who looks just like her). What breed of chicks does this happen with? Remember I got these ladies from Ideal Poultry.... so not sure what they could be yet. I took some photos so you all could see..... what do you all think?

Im trying to fix the images, but for whatever reason, they aren't working :(
They show it the edit, just not in the post :(

Last edited:
I just got back inside. Raisenemright just stopped by and picked up a couple birds. Very nice family and it's awesome to see the excitement in their children about chickens!

My two turkey hens came off their nests today with the apparent intentions of killing the 3 month old Polish chicks... Needless to say, they weren't allowed back on their nests and are now in solitary confinement. Stupid turkeys... They've been sitting for three months anyways.

Back
Top Bottom