INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Quote:
maybe I'll get things in place to buy a single little piglet from you in a few years when you have built up your number of pigs.

I want to get to the point of having at least 4 growing up all the time. I probably wont keep more than 2-3 sows though. Pigs multiply pretty fast, they can farrow twice a year. When you are ready, I can help you work out the details.

Evening, all! Just wanted to hop on and announce that my Black Copper Marans, Georgette, laid her first egg today at 28 weeks and 5 days old! :D Not super dark (she's a hatchery Marans), but darker than any of my other brown eggers' eggs, so I'm happy! :love And my Bielefelder, Violet, may have started laying yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. However, if she did, the brown egg in the background here is probably her second egg. :D

In other egg news. :mad: I finally tracked down where my golden Campine, Ihi, has been laying during free-range. She apparently hasn't done so for a while, but she's been going right through the decrepit old cattle fence along the edge of our property and right into the road all this time! :th I found an old, rotted egg in a clump of grass, literally right by the road! Naughty girl! I guess I'll be patching some holes soon. :/

Naugty, naughty Ihi!! :mad:

Edited to add Georgie's age, because I'm brilliant like that.

Last edited:
gunna call it beefy

LOL! I call all my feeder pigs Bacon, makes it easier! They are seriously easy to raise. If you hunt, its about like processing a deer when its time to put one in the freezer. If they are well fed, they don't harm chickens, turkeys etc either. This is our first Bacon a few years back with his favorite buddy.

Evening, all! Just wanted to hop on and announce that my Black Copper Marans, Georgette, laid her first egg today at 28 weeks and 5 days old!
big_smile.png
Not super dark (she's a hatchery Marans), but darker than any of my other brown eggers' eggs, so I'm happy!
love.gif
And my Bielefelder, Violet, may have started laying yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. However, if she did, the brown egg in the background here is probably her second egg.
big_smile.png

In other egg news.
somad.gif
I finally tracked down where my golden Campine, Ihi, has been laying during free-range. She apparently hasn't done so for a while, but she's been going right through the decrepit old cattle fence along the edge of our property and right into the road all this time!
th.gif
I found an old, rotted egg in a clump of grass, literally right by the road! Naughty girl! I guess I'll be patching some holes soon.
hmm.png

Naugty, naughty Ihi!!
somad.gif

Gorgeous egg, love the speckles!!! Ihi is a beautiful hen
love.gif

Pigs sound like fun. Too bad our village is very anti-pig & anti-goat.

I know about the pigs because a woman moved here from Chicago & owned a pet pot-bellied pig. She rented a house with a nice yard thinking the extra space in the suburbs would make them happy. She was basically threatened by the village to get rid of her loyal pet or go to jail. It was in several papers. She gave up & moved.

Evening, all! Just wanted to hop on and announce that my Black Copper Marans, Georgette, laid her first egg today at 28 weeks and 5 days old!
big_smile.png
Not super dark (she's a hatchery Marans), but darker than any of my other brown eggers' eggs, so I'm happy!
love.gif
And my Bielefelder, Violet, may have started laying yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. However, if she did, the brown egg in the background here is probably her second egg.
big_smile.png

In other egg news.
somad.gif
I finally tracked down where my golden Campine, Ihi, has been laying during free-range. She apparently hasn't done so for a while, but she's been going right through the decrepit old cattle fence along the edge of our property and right into the road all this time!
th.gif
I found an old, rotted egg in a clump of grass, literally right by the road! Naughty girl! I guess I'll be patching some holes soon.
hmm.png

Naugty, naughty Ihi!!
somad.gif

Congrats on the new egg layers!
Ihi may be naughty, but she's also so pretty. How you possibly get angry with that cutie?

Gorgeous egg, love the speckles!!! Ihi is a beautiful hen :love

Congrats on the new egg layers!
Ihi may be naughty, but she's also so pretty.  How you possibly get angry with that cutie?

She's pretty, but such a total goofball! And did I mention, a naughty girl! :mad: But she makes me laugh, and I can't help but adore her. I mean, this face. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom