INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I wouldn't say be done maybe ask for a garrentee like me my birds are awesome and I trust that they are well taken care of and if I were to give/sell chicks or full frowns to someone I'd offer a return or something like that

I am so sad. Lost 2 chicks last night. That brings the grand total to four chicks that died that all came from same place - never lost chicks before hers.

We finally seem to be winning the battle with the lice but it is time consing to wash and dry 19 chicks, well now only 17. The washing was finally what worked. Felt like things were looking up with these chicks finally. And now this. They seemed fine yesterday.

I just want to cry. I've been sick which probably makes me feel worse about this. I can't believe what a nightmare these chicks have been.
Eprinex has worked great for me with external parasites. It also has a residual effect and help with eggs that hatch after application. Not sure how young would be too young to use on chicks. Using it on poultry is off label anyways.

I wouldn't say be done maybe ask for a garrentee like me my birds are awesome and I trust that they are well taken care of and if I were to give/sell chicks or full frowns to someone I'd offer a return or something like that
I'd be cautious offering to take birds back especially with AI. I do t offer guarantees on my birds. I try everything possible to make any issue right, but I don't think I'd offer to let birds come back.

Somehow he seems to be okay Thank God. No broken bones and no indication of internal injuries so they did not think an ultrasound was warranted.  He has significant road rash and soft tissues injuries - especially one leg so he is in pain.  He is one tough dog.  The car smacked him and the body of the car rolled over him but not the tires thank God.  It was aweful - we all saw it happen b/c when he tore out DD and DH were out there and DS and I went running out.  They gave us a spray for the road rash and pain meds and antibiotics - we can't get him to take the meds though - usually if it is in Peanut Butter he will gobble it up - I think he is just traumatized right now. He has never torn out the front door like that before.  He will walk out with us and stay by us.  He has been in hyper alert mode since the hawk touched down in our yard and has started tearing out the back door if he sees anything that is a threat - we have a fenced yard, but had started making him sit and stay and walk out slowly so he would not tear our. But seeing that other dog was too much - along with the workmen my hubby was talking to who were strangers. Too many threats I guess. Poor boy.  But thank God he should recover without a problem. 

So happy to hear your dog will recover! It sounds like he has had a guardian angel watching over him, being saved from a bad home and surviving a run in with a car! Best wishes for a quick recovery!:)

I am also done having people come to my house to pick up chicks.

I had a lady come to my house that has bought chicks from me before...she just messaged me telling me that all of the chicks she currently had died, she told me that her baby turkeys died the day after she was at my house. Mind you she told me this DAYS later. So what she was telling me is that she came to my home with sick birds at home. There is more weirdness to the story, I am SO ANGRY I COULD SPIT FIRE!!!!!
somad.gif
As soon as I responded to her telling her that she needed to report it and gave her the information to contact to report it so she could find out what it was...I have not heard anything from her.

Should I report her? I do not know where she lives. I only know her phone number name etc. Also, she was at a friend of mine down the road the same day picking up more birds. Her list of birds that have died all under the age of 6 months is super scary.

I have had 1 silkie chick die the other day and now one is looking the same. I do not know what happened. As soon as I can take poo into a vet in the morning I will be there poo in hand.

I'd be cautious offering to take birds back especially with AI. I do t offer guarantees on my birds. I try everything possible to make any issue right, but I don't think I'd offer to let birds come back.

Would like to thank you for the BLRW and bonus partridge Brahma's!! They are all nice looking!! I have been looking for BLRW for a few years and never could come up with any, so thanks again.

Would like to thank you for the BLRW and bonus partridge Brahma's!! They are all nice looking!! I have been looking for BLRW for a few years and never could come up with any, so thanks again.
You're welcome. Hopefully they turn out nice! Did you find the brahma with the fused toes? I never noticed it when they hatched. Only when I was boxing them up. I wonder if it would be too late to separate the toes?

I had a lady come to my house that has bought chicks from me before...she just messaged me telling me that all of the chicks she currently had died, she told me that her baby turkeys died the day after she was at my house. Mind you she told me this DAYS later. So what she was telling me is that she came to my home with sick birds at home. There is more weirdness to the story, I am SO ANGRY I COULD SPIT FIRE!!!!!
somad.gif
As soon as I responded to her telling her that she needed to report it and gave her the information to contact to report it so she could find out what it was...I have not heard anything from her.

Should I report her? I do not know where she lives. I only know her phone number name etc. Also, she was at a friend of mine down the road the same day picking up more birds. Her list of birds that have died all under the age of 6 months is super scary.

I have had 1 silkie chick die the other day and now one is looking the same. I do not know what happened. As soon as I can take poo into a vet in the morning I will be there poo in hand.
Full agreement on both counts! If someone wants birds, I'll meet them somewhere. And if they decide not to keep them, they don't come back to me unless it's someone I know well.

The only kind of guarantee that I offer is if an adult or started bird dies within a week of the transaction. Then I will give a refund. No guarantee at all on chicks. Well, actually I don't sell chicks unless I'm extremely overpopulated; too much can happen with the babies, and then people are upset that I sold "unhealthy" birds. Also I prefer to grow them out to choose those that I want to breed or show.

I would be awfully tempted to call the BOAH hotline to report the woman's dying birds. The worst that would happen (probably) is that she would be miffed and not buy any more from you.

I had a lady come to my house that has bought chicks from me before...she just messaged me telling me that all of the chicks she currently had died, she told me that her baby turkeys died the day after she was at my house. Mind you she told me this DAYS later. So what she was telling me is that she came to my home with sick birds at home.  There is more weirdness to the story, I am SO ANGRY I COULD SPIT FIRE!!!!! :mad:  As soon as I responded to her telling her that she needed to report it and gave her the information to contact to report it so she could find out what it was...I have not heard anything from her.

Should I report her? I do not know where she lives.  I only know her phone number name etc.  Also, she was at a friend of mine down the road the same day picking up more birds.  Her list of birds that have died all under the age of 6 months is super scary.

I have had 1 silkie chick die the other day and now one is looking the same.  I do not know what happened.  As soon as I can take poo into a vet in the morning I will be there poo in hand.
I would call having a phone number to work with they can probably find out where she lives. Unless she has a prepaid phone.

So the Silkie chick that was not doing well, started to seem to perk up last night...but she ended up passing.
hit.gif

I cant handle this, it just rips my heart in half to have sick birds. Especially babies. I should, actually I am going to send this chick for a necropsy ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom