INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I have svart hona, pavlovskaya white and gold laying, Isbar laying, Araucana laying tufted and clean faced, gold appenzeller, cream brabanter, sultan, cemani laying and bearded silkies. olive egger, selling a pair of Huastecs. And bearded silkies every week list will be longer in spring these all are from a breeder

Hey folks, finally found my password. Hope you are all doing well. :)

I wanted to share an updated picture of our small flock, now 5 months old. Four hens, one whacky looking rooster (far right). We are enjoy in them and they are very tame.

@Browncow15 I don't have Black but do have Blue. I also have a few Olive Egger roos. I processed all but 2 of my BCM roos. I was going to process the Blue that Saturday with the others but didn't catch him that morning.

Rats! I did keep a blue roo from you but the blue hen I have doesn't lay as dark an egg as the black. Is that true in your flock? Or maybe it's just my particular bird. The blue that hatched with the roo hasn't started laying yet.

Once again I'm looking for a sitter.  Anyone close to me want to come over and watch the children for a bit?

I wish I was closer! Our kiddos would have fun together! I hope you found someone.

Hey folks, finally found my password. Hope you are all doing well.
smile.png

I wanted to share an updated picture of our small flock, now 5 months old. Four hens, one whacky looking rooster (far right). We are enjoy in them and they are very tame.

Look at all those fancy feathers! That's one unique roo.

Don't have much time but wanted to post this quick:

Puppy got out and attacked the other CX hen, ripped the all the skin on the back of her neck completely off. I have her inside with a huge gauze pad coflexed to it. I'm going to have to shoot her up with a ton of Liquamycin 200, but she's very sensitive right now and doesn't want me touching her chest. She seems to have aspirated some fluid, so I'll have to monitor that as well. I've got quite the sick ward in my living room (which is starting to smell pretty coop-like). Not sure how good a recovery anyone here thinks she can make though. She's moving and as alert as ever (though might be a little more lethargic than usual). I'm going to make sure she gets some boosted iron content.

Don't have much time but wanted to post this quick:

Puppy got out and attacked the other CX hen, ripped the all the skin on the back of her neck completely off. I have her inside with a huge gauze pad coflexed to it. I'm going to have to shoot her up with a ton of Liquamycin 200, but she's very sensitive right now and doesn't want me touching her chest. She seems to have aspirated some fluid, so I'll have to monitor that as well. I've got quite the sick ward in my living room (which is starting to smell pretty coop-like). Not sure how good a recovery anyone here thinks she can make though. She's moving and as alert as ever (though might be a little more lethargic than usual). I'm going to make sure she gets some boosted iron content.

I don't know about the recovery but for the smell a dehumidifier might help.

Quote:
A friend of mine had a hen that was badly injured by a rat. She kept her inside in a crate and just applied lots of Blu-Kote. The hen healed up fine. Good luck!

Rats! I did keep a blue roo from you but the blue hen I have doesn't lay as dark an egg as the black. Is that true in your flock? Or maybe it's just my particular bird. The blue that hatched with the roo hasn't started laying yet.
I wish I was closer! Our kiddos would have fun together! I hope you found someone.

My blues do lay dark eggs also. Granted I have a few blacks that lay darker. So much so I can't tell most of them apart other than the blues have more dark spots. If you're just going for the olive eggs though you will get nice olive color from them. Do you have any pics of them?

Back
Top Bottom