INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I worked with mine for about a month each. The adults that is.
Now there are plenty of folks that have had theirs just leave.
Many reasons as to why that may happen. Just saying.
I think it could have to do with the layout of the land too.
I have theories.
1f60b.png

I want to recreate the garden in "memories of a gasha " and a few others too

My beautiful Rescue Drake! Love him. He is so polite and just fits in great here.

The girls I have left with their man from @jchnny2000! Gorgeous!

One of the Delawares I adopted from @sallyinindiana...poor girls all started molting after the move.

The Silkie pair from @indyshent sunning under a briar bush.

I can't leave out my grand baby that @mother2hens momma hatched! Little banty Cochin Olive Egger with her main man frizzled squeeze!
1f618.png

I miss my black barred girl. Gave her to Janet. All of my barred birds have the loony pattern somehow

[COLOR=B22222]Predator Chart[/COLOR] [COLOR=B22222]Skin N Fluff~[/COLOR] Sorry, it took longer for me to get back home...now we're having a big thunderstorm. Anyway, here are the pages that I scanned from this book. Although it's considered copyright material, I view it as free advertising for the book. Amazon shows "preview pages of books," so this is similar. : - ) [COLOR=B22222]jchny~[/COLOR] Can these be posted somewhere for quick reference?
This is old but Janet just sent it to me. Quite a few birds just went missing aLL juveniles, all I've found is scattered feathers, a length of intestines, a bloody scrap of skin, and a head of one of the chickens (had a juvie duck, turkey and a couple of chickens taken). The intestines were on the ground about a foot away from.the head, which was in my compost pile. Here's a picture of the scene of the crime. Angone have any ideas of what it is?

My beautiful Rescue Drake! Love him. He is so polite and just fits in great here.

The Silkie pair from @indyshent sunning under a briar bush.

I can't leave out my grand baby that @mother2hens momma hatched! Little banty Cochin Olive Egger with her main man frizzled squeeze!
1f618.png

So glad to hear the silkies are doing well. They're such sweeties
wee.gif

The look on the bantam lady's face is priceless. Some photos just scream for captions, and this is one of them!

So the sun is shining and my boys are just doing all kinds of strutting! Too fun.
Had to share! Most pics Rocky my young boy is photo bombing the displaying boys.. Guess he's a bit envious!! I included one of the pics!
1f60d.png

LOL!!! Go Rocky! Your white is just so gorgeous!

Two questions
1.) do the males need a female to display to or are they mock fighting as in displaying to each other who the biggest is
2.) back in Florida (where I was born but my family is from Indiana/Illinois) a lot of people had them or they got loose from a sanctuary. They kinda just roamed and you could hear them in the woods too. Do you let them roam your property or do they have " pens"
1.) My toms, guinea cock will display and call just to hear themselves. Haven't had the peas long enough to say.
2.) I have mine penned to imprint that they live here. Since they are rescues, I am giving them all the time they need to understand this is home. I know the zoos in chicago had several freely roaming the grounds, thats where I first fell in love with peas myself. My teacher (1st grade class trip) had to DRAG me away from them!

So the sun is shining and my boys are just doing all kinds of strutting! Too fun.
Had to share! Most pics Rocky my young boy is photo bombing the displaying boys.. Guess he's a bit envious!! I included one of the pics!
1f60d.png

Just gorgeous all of them. The turkey is even too cute. I love the white peacock I've never saw a white one before. Do you hatch these?

Just gorgeous all of them.  The turkey is even too cute.  I love the white peacock I've never saw a white one before.  Do you hatch these?  

Thanks. I bought 2 juvies from a fellow BYC member in South Dakota. Unfortunately most whites arent sexable until almost a uear old. I got 2 and ended up with 2 boys. @pbirdhaven has the other now. Sorry, to answer your question. .he is just over a year old and i have no white hen. Maybe one day but not for now. He wont be mature until he is 3 so i have some time. :D

LOL!!! Go Rocky! Your white is just so gorgeous!

1.) My toms, guinea cock will display and call just to hear themselves. Haven't had the peas long enough to say.
2.) I have mine penned to imprint that they live here. Since they are rescues, I am giving them all the time they need to understand this is home. I know the zoos in chicago had several freely roaming the grounds, thats where I first fell in love with peas myself. My teacher (1st grade class trip) had to DRAG me away from them!

Thanks!! Rocky is my man! However my Tom is taking quite the liking to me. Haha! Every time I turn around he is right beside me. Slowly creeping in closer..then i pet him and he quickly shrinks and walks away...but not too far. I dont feel threatened as he isnt being aggressive in any way. I find it very endearing honestly. ;)

This is old but Janet just sent it to me.

Quite a few birds just went missing aLL juveniles, all I've found is scattered feathers, a length of intestines, a bloody scrap of skin, and a head of one of the chickens (had a juvie duck, turkey and a couple of chickens taken). The intestines were on the ground about a foot away from.the head, which was in my compost pile.

Here's a picture of the scene of the crime. Angone have any ideas of what it is?

So sorry. Was this at night? Ive had this scene and suspect coons. ??

Back
Top Bottom