INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Sorry can only get one picture at a time to load and my camera phone is not the besy so here is another pic:

Last edited:
Well I will start with the good stuff first... DH went to the Auction ( beef is going from 2 50 to 3 16 a lb , bottle calves were from 100 to 186 depending on age and breed ) and he calls me on his way home to tell me he got hay and had to pay out the butt to get it!!! And that's ALL we talked about. He didn't say nothing about nothing else. He got home and I was at the back of the truck looking at the hay and he walked around with a 3 - 5 day old LaMancha Billy!!! I was so happy. I have been looking for one for awhile, I lost my other one last year and jut haven't found one that I was happy with, but this guy is Awesome!!!! So we had to make a trip to TSC and get him some milk... Nothing doing DH just HAD to go check out the chicks!!!!! The Manager was saying that Friday they were going to have everyone on sale and he didn't care if they went buy 1 get 10 free... lol Well DH spoke up and said that was just great cause he had to work Friday and by the time he got off they would be gone.... the whole time I'm standing giving him the evil eye!!! I DON'T WANT TO MOVE CHICKS!!!!! So DH is talking deals... I hear the MG say 11 or 10.00... I had to speak up... that aint a deal... 11 for 5.00 would be a deal... thinking NO WAY he is going to go for that..... he DID!!!!! So now we have 11 BA chicks!!!! So much for me not wanting to move chicks... and my getting down to nothing but HERITAGE breed birds is now shot!! ( I was almost there too ) I don't have any brooders out they are all stored away in the garage at the new house!! So now I got to dig one out down there and bring it here. Now for the BAD stuff.... Last Saturday we went down to the new place to start the clean up before the move in and found someone had went in and destroyed the house and done a good bit of damage to the garage!!! I'm talking busted windows and doors, the dry wall was removed from some of the walls, the ceiling fans were taken out and bear wires left. Looks like they took a hammer and knocked holes in the walls and ripped up most of the flooring, dumped out trash bags of trash all over the place and even left a Pee jug in the middle of the dinning room floor!!!! Yes it was a pee jug and it was full!!!! They stole the furnace and the central air unit!! And ripped out allot of the wiring. I am so upset, it took me this long just to be able to talk about it without crying. The x-renter did it all and was stupid enough to show up while the cops were there doing a report on it all, AND admitted doing it, just came out and said " I did it so what the ---- are you going to do about it?" The officer said " I'll show ya "" and put him under arrest!!! but before he could get the cuffs on him he took a swing at the guy we bought it off of. So he also has an assault charge against him. So now all the money we were going to put towards fencing and critter housing... all has to go to the house so it will be livable. and we are looking at paying rent here and a house pymt for even longer!!! Just have no ideal how we are going to do all this!! Still cant believe that guy did all that!! Now that I have got all that off my chest I have to get to trimming goat feet got allot to do so need to get at it but I'm so dang depressed it is taking an army to get me off my butt!!!.
Wow that's just wow some people really don't think things through trying to get at the guy who through him out ends up only hurting a complete stranger I'd probably ask to lower the price more lol

Have some leftover fishing bait. Live wax worms and redworms. We've had our chicks for 3 weeks now, so I'm guessing they're close to 4 weeks old. Is there any reason I shouldn't give each of the chicks one as a treat?

@jchny2000

How early do the owls come out to hunt? Is it possible to just pen a little earlier rather than keeping them in all day?
Thats what I had been doing. I usually don't see owls until a couple hours after dark. Most of the free rangers left sleep in the goat house now, so that has helped. Daisy runs off anything that's not supposed to be in her pasture.

Quote: Do you have any chicken chicks you can put with them, I always hatch a couple "chick tutors" and thats helped a lot.

My goodness! Trying to catch up on posts, 10 pages behind. I've been working as a private nurse on nights for a week now, so I've been super tired. Having a toddler at home doesn't help with the sleep situation. It's only for another week til the normal nurse is back from vacation. I'll so be ready to sleep in my own bed for HOURS! Anyway, I put our old small movable coop back together, just needs some extra framing to make it sturdier for moving, but I moved the little ones out yesterday and they seem to be doing fine. I do need to downsize though. I think 4 will be good for us, and we have 6. I'll have to have the talk with the kids to figure out which two to re-home. They are about 7 weeks old and almost fully feathered. Is there anyone close that would like 2? Let me know
smile.png
we have 4 big girls that are 3 years old and laying, planning on keeping them til these little ones start. Downsizing to keep the husband happy. He's a good sport about my hobby, just don't want to "ruffle any feathers"
wink.png
Sounds so busy!

Back
Top Bottom