INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I agree
smile.png
. It seems most in our county oppose it, but whether those people actually turn out to vote for the candidates that oppose it is another matter. Two of my neighbors support it, probably because of me. I have 2 roosters. That is just intolerable in the country, where all the houses were built in the 70's and every lot is 1/2 acre or more. I've even been told my "farm" is driving their property values down. Grrr. I could rant for hours about these people, they are ttrying to run us out of our house. Oh well. I'll shut up now lol. Just wanted to illustrate to everyone how important it is to pay attention to local politics. They strip us of more rights every election.

We have that here too. Some yuppy putz from town, that wouldn't know the working end of a hoe if hit him in the backside moves to the country for peace and quiet, then gets all huffy because he had no idea that cow poop smelled bad or tractors were loud.

These idiots need to be sequestered somewhere they can't interfere with normal, functioning adults.

I hate people. People are the worst...

We have that here too. Some yuppy putz from town, that wouldn't know the working end of a hoe if hit him in the backside moves to the country for peace and quiet, then gets all huffy because he had no idea that cow poop smelled bad or tractors were loud.

These idiots need to be sequestered somewhere they can't interfere with normal, functioning adults.

I hate people. People are the worst...

Haha my sentiments exactly! My argument is, if they outlaw farming, where is all the food going to come from? Idiots. They want to leave town but then bring all their town laws with them. They actually want this little area to be like a retirement community. The only other kids on my road stay indoors with their faces glued to screens 24/7. These two are severely overweight. Not making fun of them, I have a few extra pounds myself, but they are. I have 7 kids who are outside playing every chance they get, and these idiot neighbors sit in broad daylight and scream at my kids to shut up when they laugh too loud. That went over real well. He didn't see me standing in the garage door :). Yet the same one yelling at the kids, complaining about the chickens, the father of the two kids I mentioned above, is himself a convicted felon. You'd think he'd be the first to live and let live.

Guys- I did a bad thing
smile.png
. Had a chick hatch this week with wry neck, no vitamin e on hand and DH took a liking to this particular chick, so off to RK we headed. But DH had to go to Bloomington anyway, so I rode along instead of wasting gas in my car going to the Bedford store (see how frugal I was trying to be there?). Omgosh. The Bloomington store has soooo many more chicks, ducks, and turkeys than Bedford! They have a whole row of discounted bins! $1 pullets! $5 poults! I didn't catch the price on the ducklings lol. Sooo....I came home with 6 more BBW poults
smile.png
. So much for being frugal lol. I'm up to 9 poults, plus hoping to get 5 midget whites soon. They had other breeds there, I just don't have room for anymore lol.

I saw a couple posts up someone talking about neighbor complaints and zoning. I'm fighting zoning in Lawrence county too. A few of the candidates for county commissioner want to enact zoning in the rural county areas outlawing any farm animals if you have less than 10 Acres. They also want to make it to where you have to get permission from your neighbors before you build any structure or even put in a garden! One of my neighbors came over this week and told my husband he is concerned about my farm because he's "not putting up with smells all summer". Grrrr. Last summer I had two pigs and no one even knew it! I don't even have them now, but thinking it's time to get some while it's still legal hehe.
And cows, and emu, and more swine (especially the endangered, furry kinds), and horses, and donkeys, and metric craptons of fowl, and emu, and goats, and peafowl, and turkeys, and quail, and pheasants, and rabbits... and emu...

Oh, lawd have mussy... not poults on sale.... and me with no money...
hit.gif

You know, I'm thinking there needs to be a National Yuppie Hunting Day where nice rural people get to take bb guns, sandbags, water guns and other assorted implements of destruction to all the yuppies who insist on dragging to the country all of the HOAs, restrictions, unpractical fashion, do-nothing children, over-priced cars and endless, ceaseless, deluges of whining and self-pity and complaints about darn near everything that makes an area "country" as opposed "city" or "yuppie haven". "Peace and quiet", my pasty white butt.

And cows, and emu, and more swine (especially the endangered, furry kinds), and horses, and donkeys, and metric craptons of fowl, and emu, and goats, and peafowl, and turkeys, and quail, and pheasants, and rabbits... and emu...

Oh, lawd have mussy... not poults on sale.... and me with no money... :hit

Hehe I like the way you think! Maybe you should move into my neighborhood :). I currently have 4 ducks, 9 turkey poults, 17 chickens, 8 chicks in the house. And more Cornishx on order lol. Oh and something like 20 rabbits, never can keep a count on those things. They reproduce like...rabbits hehe.

Do you have any aApril rural Kingreceipts you can turn in for the rebate? Lol tthat'sbe a good way to get some free ppoults!

You know, I'm thinking there needs to be a National Yuppie Hunting Day where nice rural people get to take bb guns, sandbags, water guns and other assorted implements of destruction to all the yuppies who insist on dragging to the country all of the HOAs, restrictions, unpractical fashion, do-nothing children, over-priced cars and endless, ceaseless, deluges of whining and self-pity and complaints about darn near everything that makes an area "country" as opposed "city" or "yuppie haven". "Peace and quiet", my pasty white butt.

Weekly Chicken Event Post!

We have many of the 2016 swap meet and auction dates available on the Indiana BYC'ers Events Calendar! Check for the locations on the Indiana BYC'ers Map! I also have each event linked to it's website/Facebook page for additional show details. If you have additional shows or dates/info for Indiana Poultry Breeders Association Show or White River Poultry Club Show, please message me.

Friday, April 22 - Veedersburg Barn Sale in Veedersburg, Indiana
Friday, April 22 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Saturday, April 23 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page
Sunday, April 24 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page

If you do go, try wearing your official Indiana BYC T-shirt and see if you spot anyone else there! Also, please take pictures to share!

Upcoming Events:

Friday, April 29 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Saturday, April 30 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN
Sunday, May 1 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN
---
Friday, May 6 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Saturday, May 7 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page
Sunday, May 8 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page
Sunday, May 8 - Golden Horseshoe Saddle Club/Knox Swap Meet
---
Friday, May 13 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Friday, May 13 - Veedersburg Barn Sale in Veedersburg, Indiana
Saturday, May 14 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN
Sunday, May 15 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN
---
Friday, May 20 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Saturday, May 21 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page
Sunday, May 21 - Sandcut Trader's Fair in Terre Haute, Indiana - Facebook Page
---
Friday, May 27 - Dinky's Auction Center in Montgomery, Indiana
Friday, May 27 - Veedersburg Barn Sale in Veedersburg, Indiana
Saturday, May 28 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN
Sunday, May 29 - Croy Creek Trader's Fair in Reelsville, IN

**This information does not guarantee the event will happen. Please check the auction or swap meet website/Facebook page to confirm dates/times before you travel!

Hi everyone. I've been very sick in bed with pneumonia, so I will be checking back when I feel better.
Hope you get better soon! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Sad day at our urban farm. Looks like hawks. Four babies are dead, including Epaulettes (had frizzled shoulders), one light Brahma pullet, one mixed cockerel... and one of the baby "peep-peeps" (turkey poults). Poor Major Tom is looking to protect the flock something terrible, and everyone's diving under cover any time a sparrow flies overhead now. Other poor poult doesn't know what to do with himself either and keeps looking for him--doesn't want mommy at all right now, just wants to get down and look around some more. I had to bring him in and stick him in the brooder again. Major got really sick after losing Saphira, which is the only reason I picked the BBW babies up, and now I'm down to one out of the three.

hit.gif
So sorry @Indyshent

Guys- I did a bad thing
smile.png
. Had a chick hatch this week with wry neck, no vitamin e on hand and DH took a liking to this particular chick, so off to RK we headed. But DH had to go to Bloomington anyway, so I rode along instead of wasting gas in my car going to the Bedford store (see how frugal I was trying to be there?). Omgosh. The Bloomington store has soooo many more chicks, ducks, and turkeys than Bedford! They have a whole row of discounted bins! $1 pullets! $5 poults! I didn't catch the price on the ducklings lol. Sooo....I came home with 6 more BBW poults
smile.png
. So much for being frugal lol. I'm up to 9 poults, plus hoping to get 5 midget whites soon. They had other breeds there, I just don't have room for anymore lol.

I saw a couple posts up someone talking about neighbor complaints and zoning. I'm fighting zoning in Lawrence county too. A few of the candidates for county commissioner want to enact zoning in the rural county areas outlawing any farm animals if you have less than 10 Acres. They also want to make it to where you have to get permission from your neighbors before you build any structure or even put in a garden! One of my neighbors came over this week and told my husband he is concerned about my farm because he's "not putting up with smells all summer". Grrrr. Last summer I had two pigs and no one even knew it! I don't even have them now, but thinking it's time to get some while it's still legal hehe.
Yeah, the Bloomington store has lots of things, but not spark plugs for my tiller or oil filters for my mower >='
I'm surprised Lawrence county has these issues - some friends of mine in Springville are pretty happy with the zoning down there. I'm not a big fan of restrictive laws against people trying to farm, even though I was probably one of those yuppies at one point =)

Back
Top Bottom