INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

HELLO everyone!!!
It's been a long time since I've been on here and I'm sure most of the people I met before have moved on but I'm back and have moved to Mooresville, IN and can now have chickens without shame!!! I don't know what I'm looking for other than at least 2 Blue Cochins either LF or Banty...maybe a couple  Delawares or some Dominiques...I know I am not going to worry right now...I still have Taffy my little Millie D'Uccle...she will remain a house chicken until I can get her some friends. I will still be looking at hatcheries as I know they are NPIP and health is my most important need. plus I can mix and match and try out several different breeds from the same location. I am so happy to be back!!!
Connie the leader of the crazy pack
Taffy head chicken and breakfast maker
Kra-Z pug mix
Lady Collie
Atticus St. Poodle
Punk the unfortunate cat
Vinnie the old man pasture ornament horse

Hi Delawaremommy, I just had to say, I have a collie, and I wanted to name her Lady, but it didn't feel right for her. She ended up a Clara.
1f60a.png
She is a sable, and her first birthday is coming up this Saturday!

Does anyone know of anyone who has Muscovy ducks that will sell muscovy ducklings? I live near gary, indiana and really want some female muscovy ducklings or adult ducks. I know how to vent sex ducklings, so I could do it myself.

HELLO everyone!!!
It's been a long time since I've been on here and I'm sure most of the people I met before have moved on but I'm back and have moved to Mooresville, IN and can now have chickens without shame!!! I don't know what I'm looking for other than at least 2 Blue Cochins either LF or Banty...maybe a couple  Delawares or some Dominiques...I know I am not going to worry right now...I still have Taffy my little Millie D'Uccle...she will remain a house chicken until I can get her some friends. I will still be looking at hatcheries as I know they are NPIP and health is my most important need. plus I can mix and match and try out several different breeds from the same location. I am so happy to be back!!!
Kra-Z pug mix
Lady Collie
Atticus St. Poodle
Punk the unfortunate cat

HI! I'm also from Mooresville, welcome back.

I'll have silkies/showgirls and orps (lavender and black split) and MW turkeys soon. My girls are just beginning to lay an egg or two so I should be able to start the incubator soon.

HELLO everyone!!!
Kra-Z pug mix
Lady Collie
Atticus St. Poodle
Punk the unfortunate cat

Welcome back! :frow Picking out a whole new flock must be even more exciting than getting new chicks to add to an existing flock! :D I have to say, you can't go wrong with Cochins of either size, but bantams would be similarly sized to your D'Uccle and make nice buddies for her. Best of luck deciding--there are so many awesome breeds to choose from!

Pipd, are you getting more silver grey Dorkings, or another color? Rose comb red ones are on my wish list.

(My phone only lets me put the @ thing after my typing, not before.)@pipdzipdnreadytogo

I'm getting Colored and Red Dorkings, both single comb, along with some Black Copper and Wheaten Marans. :)

I'm eager to find that out as well! I have loved Colored Dorkings since I laid eyes on them in pictures, so I'm also stoked to see how they look in person! Them and the Wheaten Marans, but I was able to see some in person at a show not long after ordering them, so I know they'll be gorgeous. :love I wanted the Black Coppers because I've been missing those dark eggs since my last BCM passed away suddenly last July, and I know that the BCs tend to lay the darkest. The Red Dorkings were more for variety than anything, but I find the wild type patterning to be one of the prettiest, so I'm sure they'll be eye candy as well. Of course, they're all straight run, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at this point that at least one of each is female! :lol:

Last edited:
Hey all,

Finally have internet back. We had a lightning strike take out our phone line early Friday morning. Vaporized the line, blew up the modem (literally, blew it apart) and melted the plug. Quite the ordeal. Strike was close enough, and shook the house hard enough, to knock two screens out of our casement windows. Half the time I can't get those out when I want to. Could have been a lot worse.

Saturday I picked up four easter egger chicks and six khaki Campbell ducklings. Had the realization that if i didn't get them picked up soon, they were going to be a headache to get covered when the baby comes in May. Hoping to have integration done long before then so if osmeone else has to cover chores, its not a big deal. Hoping for a 50/50 split on the ducklings. Three of the four EEs have good little beards/muffs started. I'll get some pictures up before too long.

Back
Top Bottom