INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Mama Diva (naked neck) on her chicks:

Possible other mamas are a buff Silkie, a bue partridge Silkie or black Silkies
Anna trying out a new style - dreadlocks! (just cause I can fit one more pic in this post)

PM me if anyone is interested in any of my boys!

Great to see Olaf doing well! He made so many pretty babies for you, too! Are you rehoming him or just showing him off?
Just showing him off but sad to say Olaf did not make it this winter. He lovingly protected 2 of his his girls when they got stuck out in a complete sudden downpour. Not sure what exactly happened - he was majorly cold and traumatized (but kept his girls warm and dry - they were all on a cinder block and Olaf was on top of them). We tried to nurse him back to health but he didn't make it. It was a horrible storm - we went out and rescued him and the girls. The downpour was fierce - so I kinda wonder if he had internal injuries. We had 2 1/2 feet of water in our backyard and lost one of the young LF pullets too- she drowned trying to get protection under the ramp to the coop and we didn't get to her in time. That was a very sad storm:(

So glad we have his babies.

Last edited:

My EE, Roadrunner, Hadley, and Smalty on the grazing frames.
@Mother2Hens

Tell me about your frames. Looks like it might be chickweed under there? So do they just harvest as it grows up tall enough through the frames, or do you move the frames when and let them graze a little bit then put them back?

caf.gif

My husband and I recently purchased an Inn. We are located in Nashville, Indiana. Thinking about raising chickens and offerring guests farm fresh eggs for breakfast.
@lilblackbear
How exciting to have an Inn! And the Nashville area is so fun :)

Have you had chickens before? Would they be on the same property as the INN or at your home? I'll bet guests would LOVE that. How much space would your hens have to run?

caf.gif

I have not but my husband has. We live at the inn and there is quite a lot of property.

That sounds like so much fun! If I were a customer I'd love to see chickens there and know my breakfast was coming from the hens raised right there. I'd also love to see them able to roam the property too. I think I'd choose that Inn if I were driving through and saw that!!!

That sounds like so much fun! If I were a customer I'd love to see chickens there and know my breakfast was coming from the hens raised right there. I'd also love to see them able to roam the property too. I think I'd choose that Inn if I were driving through and saw that!!!
x2 - just no early am rooster wake up service. LOL!

We sell our extra eggs to neighbors & friends. Everyone enjoys knowing who to thank for their omelet. I think most guests may feel the same. Of course you'd have to figure out some bio-security measures to keep the flock safe from travelling illnesses

Back
Top Bottom