INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Several of us have received that in the last few weeks. I was wanting to rehome (read: give) some birds and had it happen. Had a little discussion with the admin regarding that.

My admin was ducklady.

Several of us have received that in the last few weeks. I was wanting to rehome (read: give) some birds and had it happen. Had a little discussion with the admin regarding that.

My admin was ducklady.

What was the short version? Could you at least post a note here pointing to your ad in the BST area?

Unrelated question: I am heading south of Indy this weekend, Morgantown/Trafalgar area- trying to optimize my driving and wondering if there is a Grain Mill that sells whole grain, Non GMO feed down that way. Not wanting to go all the way up to Lebanon and then down south, but I may have to cause I'm not finding anything online. We have specific needs, which is why I need a grain mill. We need feed without wheat b/c if I feed the girls wheat my 2 Celiac's get sick from the eggs. @jchny2000 or anyone do you know of any- the list on the Indiana page doesn't have anything south.

@Nyla did your flyer have a coupon? If so I should get it today or tomorrow, it always comes AFTER I make my TSC run!

The reason why I haven't been on here: I find this site truly addicting and I'd much rather be on here instead of getting my work done!!! Been surfing on here way too long this AM! I feel like I have to ground myself from BYC!

Last edited:
I have to admit that I didn't ask that. But it does seem like it would make sense that you could....

(Of course, "make sense", is in the eye of the beholder...)
Short version (but I'm afraid even this is against the rules now!): Looking for some pullets, had horrible luck- ended up with only 3 pullets out of the 8 I bought. Once Again I have too many roos!
I understand wanting to centralize BST posts. It makes moderators lives easier as they only have to police one area for sales. For members, it makes it easier to search and to find potential matches out of state.

However, there is no easy way to restrict your searches to only find those near you in the current BST forums. Something like a standardized state abbreviation at the beginning of the ad would help (ex- IN: Cochins for sale). Without that, the value to members of centralized ads is significantly lower.

I just it is a little ridiculous. I feel that we should be able to discuss on this thread rehoming our birds. If one of my chicks turns out to be a Roo, I would much rather search on here for an Indiana local to take him, rather than having to deal with someone out of state.

YES!! Exactly! I trust the people here - to take a roo, or arrange a sale privately if I want to buy something.

I just it is a little ridiculous. I feel that we should be able to discuss on this thread rehoming our birds. If one of my chicks turns out to be a Roo, I would much rather search on here for an Indiana local to take him, rather than having to deal with someone out of state.

I'm so sad I lost my tree! The girls are doing really well with the burlap curtains and extra water containers. I try to shallow kitty litter pan to see if they would get inside of it to cool the legs off but they just scratch straw into it. Silly girls! This fall I'm going to plant a few trees and bushes around the run to help shade it next year. I'm thinking and autumn blaze Maple and some chokeberries and witch hazel maybe and Aronia too. I work at Hidden Hill Nursery in Utica Indiana so hopefully the owner will give me a good deal fingers crossed
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom