INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here there's an opossum that lives under one of the chicken sheds. I named him Smelly because he had gotten sprayed by a skunk one night.

I had to teach Smelly that he's not allowed to sleep in the barn with everyone (chickens, and muscovies) at night and he has to go out.

My cats are still learning that Smelly is not another kitty, and not to teach him kitty games.

We don't have any poultry currently. We only have dogs and a cat. In late June we bring home our kit! (Baby Fox) We still have yet to pick a name for her. She is a Polar Arctic Fox.
We plan to relocate the opossum family to a nature reserve 50 miles away from our house.

I had a very freak accident with my latest Copper Maran chicks :hit. I have a large metal brooder like this, not sure if its really this one looks identical: https://www.strombergschickens.com/...r9Zm3kFRv2WSaLiJ2f5vAn9Lvh1i7PnsaAlW2EALw_wcB
Bought it from a thread member that was getting out of chickens. Always worked well and minimal issues. For some reason the heating element fell down and killed 4 of my youngest Marans. My brother is repairing it so it won't happen again. I will say also the watering system is a joke. I use small waterers in it instead. We are planning to pipe horizontal auto watering cups into it.

What did she win?

8th grade graduation. There wasn't really awards; the ribbon was worn by all the honor students. The school goes from pre-K to 8th grade. She already misses her school/friends & went back yesterday to "help" the secretary. Later this week, she's going to help out with the games at the school's field day / picnic. (It's sort of a tradition that the graduating class of students goes back to play with the younger kids on that day.) All these years of wanting to stay home from school & now we can't keep her away. For me it's just scary to think about having a kid in high school.

8th grade graduation. There wasn't really awards; the ribbon was worn by all the honor students. The school goes from pre-K to 8th grade. She already misses her school/friends & went back yesterday to "help" the secretary. Later this week, she's going to help out with the games at the school's field day / picnic. (It's sort of a tradition that the graduating class of students goes back to play with the younger kids on that day.) All these years of wanting to stay home from school & now we can't keep her away. For me it's just scary to think about having a kid in high school.
I remember the day my youngest DD got her drivers license. She is 27 this year. The clerk and I knew each other, our girls were in the same grade. I don't know what came over us but we both had tears watching her leave when the she and the lady testing her drove off. My friend told me her daughter tested next week, she joked I could come by just to cry with her again lol. DH said its because she was our last baby to grow up. He cried at her wedding during the father/daughter dance.

Guess what we did today?.....
View attachment 1780953

It's been a busy week!

Oh man! For a minute there I thought she graduated from high school, and I had no idea she was old enough! :eek:
Phew! Just 8th grade!

Faraday, those 4 years of high school fly by. (For the parents.) I noticed it with my first one. One day you can't believe she is old enough to be in high school, and the next thing you know, it's graduation.

Janet, I'm so sorry you lost your Marans babies! I hate freak accidents like that. :(

I contacted David the Maran breeder and got more eggs coming. Every time I try to keep these guys something happens to them, ugh. I am not giving up this time! Out of the 1st 2 hatches I only have 1 hen, and 5 roosters :barnie. I have better hen luck with Davids flock.

Back
Top Bottom