INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Oh okay, I know that cause 50 <I believe?> has had one lane closed since I moved here.. I found that route through one of the never ending detours around here..

Im between patriot and Markland damm.. Nice to meet you
I work at Belterra. Pretty close to you! Nice to meet you too

20190611_184725.jpg
On a more cheerful note, I had my 1st harvest from the garden! Bacon wrapped Jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese. I started 1 Jalapeno plant indoors in January and its paid off. I had one red one on there so that was mine lol. I am getting some purple cherry tomatoes also.

Get to know us all I'd love to know!.

Hope you won't mind if I join in. I'm a fellow Hoosier. My family farms producing grains, hay and beef with the poultry as a hobby. I've always been drawn to birds in the American class as well as Orpingtons. We have around 150 currently, mostly Wyandottes, New Hampshires and Dominiques. The majority are this year's hatch. My daughter loves showing 4-H and open shows when we can. She currently has her first meat birds, Cornish Rocks. Occasionally she gets attached and butchering/culling is difficult but I don't think there will be any attachment issue when the CRs are ready.

Hope you won't mind if I join in. I'm a fellow Hoosier. My family farms producing grains, hay and beef with the poultry as a hobby. I've always been drawn to birds in the American class as well as Orpingtons. We have around 150 currently, mostly Wyandottes, New Hampshires and Dominiques. The majority are this year's hatch. My daughter loves showing 4-H and open shows when we can. She currently has her first meat birds, Cornish Rocks. Occasionally she gets attached and butchering/culling is difficult but I don't think there will be any attachment issue when the CRs are ready.

Sorry for the loss of your dear Eve. It's tough when things like that happen.
Thank you, and please feel at home here with us!

Our beloved Teddy will have A LOT to celebrate this Father's Day. Here he is meeting his babies for the 1st time.
img_7445-jpg.1810016

He's the daddy of a few silkie x serama mixes,
silkies-jpg.1810023

a bunch of little Teddy-look-alikes,
serama-mob-jpg.1810021

and these 3 are silkied seramas!!!!
serama-favs-jpg.1810020
serama-white-silkied-jpg.1810022

The above chicks are less than a week old.

We also have some 3 week old chicks in the LF coop. This pic was when PR took her chicks out for the 1st time. The serama chicks still look female. The crested cream legbar chick is female but slightly younger. (Poor hen was broody, sat on rocks for 6 weeks, & only got 2 chicks (due to an incubator problem). So, I bought her a 3rd chick to mother.)
IMG_7340 copy.jpg

Finally got Toby back!!! The father whom I've never met apparently dumped Toby off in downtown Gary last week on June 2nd. He was picked up by the animal shelter on June 7th. I wasn't able to get Toby microchipped before he was dumped. So I had to fight with the Shelter ladies to prove Toby was mine. The manager continued to say "He is not your dog, his white strip doesn't match" over and over and over.. So I finally got her to look at his birthmark on his snout in my picture and on him. She then confirmed it's Toby and let him come to me! Toby immediately perked up climbed all over me licking me. They were going to re-home him to someone today. They said someone had already filled out the paperwork and was heading iin to pick him up. The man was buying him for $380!!!! They charged me $140 for fee's, and then refused to let him leave "dirty". His fur had matted spots from his previous owner's. They demanded I pay their groomer $45 to groom Toby. I was perfectly fine with it and waited while he had a bath and a nice trim! When we left, he walked right to my truck and jumped in. I never want to go through something like that again! I microchipped Toby right as we got home! Toby is now safe and sound!
I'm pressing charges against the family.

This is my flyer they had in their office the entire week. They never even called me to inform me they found a Border Collie:
Untitled.jpg

The pictures the shelter took saying he doesn't match my pictures I was showing them:

Toby..jpg Toby.jpg

The pictures I was showing them:
00a0a_4S5kQeWnKNz_600x450.jpg 00C0C_2blgKCkCj5r_1200x900.jpg

Please excuse the messy room, my son is 3 years old and trashs his room daily! Pictures of Toby finally home looking for my son in my sons room, and Toby outside in his dog run going potty.
20190612_112618.jpg 20190612_112626.jpg 20190612_112638.jpg 20190612_144730.jpg

Finally got Toby back!!! The father whom I've never met apparently dumped Toby off in downtown Gary last week on June 2nd. He was picked up by the animal shelter on June 7th. I wasn't able to get Toby microchipped before he was dumped. So I had to fight with the Shelter ladies to prove Toby was mine. The manager continued to say "He is not your dog, his white strip doesn't match" over and over and over.. So I finally got her to look at his birthmark on his snout in my picture and on him. She then confirmed it's Toby and let him come to me! Toby immediately perked up climbed all over me licking me. They were going to re-home him to someone today. They said someone had already filled out the paperwork and was heading iin to pick him up. The man was buying him for $380!!!! They charged me $140 for fee's, and then refused to let him leave "dirty". His fur had matted spots from his previous owner's. They demanded I pay their groomer $45 to groom Toby. I was perfectly fine with it and waited while he had a bath and a nice trim! When we left, he walked right to my truck and jumped in. I never want to go through something like that again! I microchipped Toby right as we got home! Toby is now safe and sound!
I'm pressing charges against the family.

This is my flyer they had in their office the entire week. They never even called me to inform me they found a Border Collie:
View attachment 1810963

The pictures the shelter took saying he doesn't match my pictures I was showing them:

View attachment 1810949 View attachment 1810950

The pictures I was showing them:
View attachment 1810954 View attachment 1810955

Please excuse the messy room, my son is 3 years old and trashs his room daily! Pictures of Toby finally home looking for my son in my sons room, and Toby outside in his dog run going potty.
View attachment 1810945 View attachment 1810946 View attachment 1810947 View attachment 1810948
What a crazy story, but glad you got Toby back home. How did you know he was at the shelter? Didn't the shelter microchip him? Our dogs have all been chipped by the shelters before our adoption. (Should be part of the "fees" you paid.) In our past dogs, our info & the shelter info was listed. Never had to use it, but glad it's there if some type of misfortune happens.

Back
Top Bottom