INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

When Toby ran away, I called every shelter in my neighborhood and within 30 miles from us. I told each shelter a description of Toby and emailed them pictures of Toby, and I posted a lost dog ad on CL. Someone reposted my ad onto facebook. A nice lady found Toby in downtown Gary on June 2nd and had animal control pick him up June 7th. The nice lady didn't see my lost dog ad on Facbook till June 10th. She called me immediately saying she may have found my dog and where to find him. The shelter who picked him up had my lost dog flyer and never once called me the entire week they had him.
What a crazy story, but glad you got Toby back home. How did you know he was at the shelter? Didn't the shelter microchip him? Our dogs have all been chipped by the shelters before our adoption. (Should be part of the "fees" you paid.) In our past dogs, our info & the shelter info was listed. Never had to use it, but glad it's there if some type of misfortune happens.

When Toby ran away, I called every shelter in my neighborhood and within 30 miles from us. I told each shelter a description of Toby and emailed them pictures of Toby, and I posted a lost dog ad on CL. Someone reposted my ad onto facebook. A nice lady found Toby in downtown Gary on June 2nd and had animal control pick him up June 7th. The nice lady didn't see my lost dog ad on Facbook till June 10th. She called me immediately saying she may have found my dog and where to find him. The shelter who picked him up had my lost dog flyer and never once called me the entire week they had him.

Let me guess Govt. owned and operated shelter. stupid is as stupid does.

Very happy to see new folks joining our thread! You might have noticed its ok to share more than just chicken talk. Some of us garden, have other livestock or pets. We love pictures too!
I do try to share a chicken processing workshop a couple times a year. Its hands on, and free if you have your own chicken. I don't post details on it here but you can send me a PM (personal message) if its something you're interested in. My next one will be later in the fall.

Last hatch probably this year, BCM again! One more round of eggs from David. Locked down, due to hatch tomorrow. I am a little nervous, we were without power several hours on these eggs. Marans are hard to candle but I did have some movement!

We love pictures too!
Here you go. My chicks are a week old.

I had 11 seramas hatch.... but just couldn't get a good pic of all 11. LOL

seramas 1 copy.jpg
seramas 2.jpg

They're still so tiny compared to my orps hatched on the same day.
compare.jpg

Back
Top Bottom