INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hello,

Merry Christmas to all :)
I was wondering where do you all purchase your layer pellets. I like to give my girls organic feed but with 25 chickens and 3 ducks it gets very expensive. Do you guys recommend any store that doesn't break the bank?
ps.- I live in the Camby area.
Thanks
I don't know where the Cambry area is, but Honeyville Feed which is just south of Shipshewana sells organic feed, but I don't know about pellets. Their phone number is: 269-593-9943.

I'm 56, some days feel like 40, other days more like 86 lol.
Enjoying warm weather in southern Indiana, although we're getting a little rain this morning. Poor chickies, they don't care for rain.

Interesting. Mine seem to like up to moderate rain like this morning. When they see puddles and I let them out for a while to do some free ranging, they have learned that is prime worm-hunting conditions.

My 2 year old Grandson Wyatt. He loves tractors so his Christmas gift was a ride on tractor, John Deere hat & tool belt!
20191229_184024.jpg

:goodpost:
How adorable!

Next I bet he starts putting baby chicks or his fav hen in the front loader to transport them. (It's what my kids did with their new wagon.) LOL
I see Muscovy ducks in the future, his Mom adored them! They are considering a goat also. He can count to 10 and knows colors already. I am so proud of my DD and her DH. This little man has a fantastic start for his life.

Hello,

I need an advise please... We have moved to a new property that is located in a more rural area. During spring we get a lot of ticks in the yard and I was thinking in getting us Guinea birds. I heard they are great pest control for ticks. I already have a flock of chickens and 3 ducks, but not sure if they will be a big help with ticks. Does anyone has guineafowls? How do you handle Tick issues?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom