INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Breakfast:
Fertile or not fertile? Let me know what you think.

1st egg is Jewel's egg. If you stare, you can see the separated ring.
The next 4 are from diff orp pullets. (One pic for each egg, so 5 eggs total)

Jewel.JPG

pullet 1.JPG

pullet 2.JPG

pullet 3.JPG

pullet 4.JPG
I think fertile on numbers 2 & 5. 1 possibly, but I’d not bother to try to hatch it.

@man_of_fishers
BTW - What breed is the one in the middle with the tiny speckles?

You know, I need to figure that out. I have a chicken that's never laid despite being a year old and I've always thought she was a red sex link. But it's possible I've got her breed wrong and she's a Maran. I'll upload some pictures in a bit. If I don't keep getting speckled, then maybe it was just a fluke.

Annoying hawk:

I heard a ruckus coming from the bantam coop yesterday. A hawk actually was inside our screened room.... less than 12" from our sliding door. It was standing on the welcome mat trying to claw its way into the little coop. My husband got to the door first and banged on the glass, but the hawk didn't fly away. He opened it a crack and threw a shoe at it. Then it flew just outside the screened room and landed on the grill.

I took this pic from inside the house with the door open.

IMG_2309.JPG

I took this as I walked through the screened room.... slowly

IMG_2310.JPG

I was slowly stalking it.... not sure how close I would get. I got as far as the garbage can, then flew to a tree.

IMG_2311.JPG

It stayed in the tree for a while, so my son got out his super soaker. It moved but stayed in the area. It actually moved a little closer to us when we started cleaning the big coop. Needless to say, I did not let any chickens out all day. It's still hanging around.

I think it's a Coopers Hawk.

IMG_2312.JPG

Annoying hawk:

I heard a ruckus coming from the bantam coop yesterday. A hawk actually was inside our screened room.... less than 12" from our sliding door. It was standing on the welcome mat trying to claw its way into the little coop. My husband got to the door first and banged on the glass, but the hawk didn't fly away. He opened it a crack and threw a shoe at it. Then it flew just outside the screened room and landed on the grill.

I took this pic from inside the house with the door open.

IMG_2309.JPG

I took this as I walked through the screened room.... slowly

IMG_2310.JPG

I was slowly stalking it.... not sure how close I would get. I got as far as the garbage can, then flew to a tree.

IMG_2311.JPG

It stayed in the tree for a while, so my son got out his super soaker. It moved but stayed in the area. It actually moved a little closer to us when we started cleaning the big coop. Needless to say, I did not let any chickens out all day. It's still hanging around.

I think it's a Coopers Hawk.

IMG_2312.JPG
I can’t believe it was that bold! Has it gotten any before?

Back
Top Bottom