INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I have maran you can have. View attachment 3165973
EF98F2BA-E478-4796-829D-C14354F96E9B.jpeg

Do you have a full-body picture? How old is he? What is his temperament?
No but I can get one. They are or nine weeks old. Pretty good so far . We haven’t spend a lot of time with him. But when I go out he will come over to me. If I had mill worms in my hand he will take them.

:frowSo I've been away quite a long time. My little poultry flock is 5 chickens, 4 geese and of course 5 cows. Really miss the forum and the many good people Ive met over the years! Welcome to our new friends that's joined too. Hard to believe a few handful of friends started this almost 10 years ago!
:frow Janet! So good to see you again!

Did your cow calve while you were gone?

@Chaneys Ranch here are the first two goslings I’ve been able to hatch from that White Chinese pair I got from you!
5477B41B-5448-421E-AD8D-73627951701C.jpeg
9283155A-ED72-445D-A0D9-7530282659DD.jpeg

I wasn’t able to get any to hatch last year. And most of this year’s eggs were either infertile or I wasn’t able to set them in my incubator in a timely enough manner. The pair will be 3 next year, so I’m hoping they (and I) will have their act together and produce more.

:frow Janet! So good to see you again!

Did your cow calve while you were gone?
Not yet. We've had a hard year with calves. Nero our bull is flat huge, at least 2K to 22k. Last few calves had to be pulled and died anyways. all were heifers too he only has given me 1 bull calf. Sadly he has to go, we already have a new fella to replace him and I hate it. Nero is like a giant puppy. loves his neck scratched and follows you like a dog. I really hate to give him up. This new bull is Angus x Longhorn.
@Chaneys Ranch here are the first two goslings I’ve been able to hatch from that White Chinese pair I got from you!View attachment 3168039View attachment 3168040

I wasn’t able to get any to hatch last year. And most of this year’s eggs were either infertile or I wasn’t able to set them in my incubator in a timely enough manner. The pair will be 3 next year, so I’m hoping they (and I) will have their act together and produce more.
OH MY AWESOME!!! Yes they do better as the get older. I Incubated 2 of my brown chinese this year, Mama is on eggs now.

Last edited:
So guys I won't lie I really love my birds. At one point we couldn't count....lol...how many were here! I became very ill late 2020, not Covid but COPD and Bronchitis. I gave my kids everything I had even my goats. Gave them all up but I still keep 5 cows, 5 chicken 4 geese. My oldest daughter raised a few Comets and gave me a mutt rooster last fall. Mama goose is sitting on eggs. I really enjoy keeping chickens, cows and waterfowl too.

All I ask on this thread please keep it "family friendly" avoid foul language, politics etc. in case of children visiting the forum. Everyone here does! That's for new folks coming in and thank you for joining us!

View attachment 3165976

No but I can get one. They are or nine weeks old. Pretty good so far . We haven’t spend a lot of time with him. But when I go out he will come over to me. If I had mill worms in my hand he will take them.
Maran roos are normally very gentle I've never found an aggressive one. He's already very handsome!

@Chaneys Ranch here are the first two goslings I’ve been able to hatch from that White Chinese pair I got from you!View attachment 3168039View attachment 3168040

Looking at those gosling I see another pair FYI!

I really hate to give him up. This new bull is Angus x Longhorn.
:hit

“2 of my brown chinese this year, Mama is on eggs now”
:love

I wanted to hit both the sad and love on that post, so I had to split it up.

Looking at those gosling I see another pair FYI!
I think so too!

The “male” is a week or two older than the “female”, which is why the size difference. But his behavior- he just walks around mimicking the gander! It’s pretty hilarious, except I’m afraid he’s going to learn Dad’s bad habits. I don’t need two biters!

Back
Top Bottom