Indiana Chicken People (list)

Quote:
I'm new.
Myles
Decatur

hi Myles,
Joe hasn't been on the forum for quite some time, I went down to see him a few weeks ago, he is doing fine but not getting on the site, so I will say welcome. what kind of birds do you have?

I was going to ask Joe to add me to the list but I guess he hasn't been on here in a bit!

Anyway, Howdy! I'm Hannah and I live in Mishawaka and I LOVE my chickens! And BYC!! The forums are my life-line!

Quote:
I'm new.
Myles
Decatur

hi Myles,
Joe hasn't been on the forum for quite some time, I went down to see him a few weeks ago, he is doing fine but not getting on the site, so I will say welcome. what kind of birds do you have?

At this time I have 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 white leghorns and 2 which I am unsure of. Just a few weeks old from rural king.

only been a byc member for a week and chicly mom for 5 weeks. I am from walker ton, IN... AKA podunk
My hubby and I live on 2 acres in the middle of no where and LOVE it! we have 1 indoor cat, 2 outdoor cats and 6 chicks

You know your from indiana when getting stuck behind a tractor is a real excuse

Welcome all newcomers to BYC and Indiana Chicken list!
frow.gif

Hi all
I needed to edit this due posting too late at night...Anyhoo...I am new to BYC but used to read it several years ago just never joined...too much going on in life etc. We have had as a family chickens for over 15 years in amounts of 12 (just for eggs) to 10,000 in one year (for meat sales). That is not to be taken as bragging because there are many many people on here that know a whole lot more than we did then and now also. This is a great site and a really neat group for all I have read and really glad to get a chance to "meet" and talk chicken!

Right now we have a mixed lot of large brown egg layers that are about a year old and one large roo and then the misfit roo. The misfit roo is a beautiful either Spangled Hamburg or Spitzhaben(sp?) Not too good with my specialty breeds. Anyway 'Spur" is beautiful (Handsome) but he will have to go as he is going to insist on being top dog and he is only half the weight of the other roo. With Spur we have 19 ChickNRoos and a half done HEAVY moveable coop. We also have quail and bunnies. Lots going on here!

I would like to be added to whatever list if possible...We are just north of Fort Wayne (Dekalb co.)

Do any of the folks around this end of Indiana get together or ???

Thanks, Marj

Last edited:
I am new here and we purchased 6 Isa Browns about 5 weeks ago. I am in the big city of Middletown, Indiana. I have found this site a great help.

Back
Top Bottom