Indiana Chicken People (list)

Quote:
Welcome Pearce. I'll get you up on the new Indiana list. I have Australorps, Barred Rocks, Java, Dominique, Moran, Hodan, Polish, Buff Orpintons, Americana and a couple of cross. We haven't started breeding our own yet. Will be doing so this summer when we get our new hoop greenhouse built. It will also house 3 separate hen houses. :eek:)

Quote:
Hi neighbor! I'm over in Hobart, near the new high school. I was just in Portage tonight. No clue if you can have chickens there, check with the zoning board!

Quote:
Hi neighbor! I'm over in Hobart, near the new high school. I was just in Portage tonight. No clue if you can have chickens there, check with the zoning board!

Hi all,

I live in LaPorte County and work in Porter at Hebron High School! Nice to see some local people on here
smile.png

It is probably okay, if Porter County is anything like LaPorte County but you can call them at 219-762-5425 to find out for sure.

If you'd rather though, below are links to the zoning maps and explanations of what is permitted in each area.

Zoning Map-click on the area in which you live to see what your zoning label is (like R1 which means you CAN have chickens, if I am reading that right)
http://www.ci.portage.in.us/egov/docs/1207256236_999572.htm

Zoning Matrix-explains what is permitted in each area
http://www.ci.portage.in.us/egov/docs/1240330594_970611.pdf

Quote:
frow.gif
Howdy neighbor! I'm in Valpo ...actually Washington Township! Our grandson lives in Wanatah and I LOVE your Scarecrow Festival!!! LOL...my dentist is in Hebron! Welcome to BYC!

I am ALMOST in Indiana--I am 3 miles over the line from Lake Village.

I am getting desperate to find some adult hens. None of the egg farms will sell me any. I don no know where else to look. If anybody in this thread knows where I can find some girls in west-central or northwest Indiana, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello All! My name is Faith, I live in eastern Indiana in a little town called Carthage. Most people do not know where the little dot on the Indiana map is! LOL, but it is very close to Knightstown, In. I am a stay at home mother of two. One boy, and one girl. I married my high school sweetheart 13 years ago, and grew up in Indianapolis. I have a silver seabright rooster (Henry) two Red star's ( Georgia and Hessy ), and to Barred Rock's ( Lucy and Ethel), a beagle ( Snoopy ), two cocketiels (Case and Charlie) and two parakeets ( Tweety and Sylvester). My husband and I are both Volunteer Firefighters, and he is also an EMT. Our hobbies include geocaching, football, reading, and of course volunteering. ATM I am looking for two silver seabright hens, so if you have any, by all means send a message!! LOL.

Charrisse here - Nashville Indiana
First time chick owner - and 100% obsessed!
My MM order came Monday, and I have spent so much time with my babies, they are already so tame and sweet. I could sit with them all day.
Anyway -I have a few on my wish list still. I hope I can find some locals who might be raising some!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom