Indiana Chicken People (list)

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I'm in Indiana too. I just joined here recently and love all the info. Currently we have WCB Polish, BO, and Barred Rocks chicks. Hopefully the girls will be able to show a few of them at the fair this year. Nice to see so many Hoosiers here.

Can anyone help me out here ? I am trying to find out if it is legal fore to raise chickens in The city of Warsaw Indiana . Does anyone know te answer to that?

Hey guys i live in Demotte Indiana, (a little north of Rensselaer and south of hebron and merrillville) figured i'd like to be added to the list.
i have a total of 24 chickens and 2 ducks. and i'm getting silkies and more ducks first week of april!

I just joined the backyard chicken ownership. I have a light Sussex rooster named Henry and a light Sussex hen named Henrietta. I adopted them both at the same time and I adore them. We have a small barn where I have a built in chicken coop. They are both free rangers in my 6 fee.
Tall fencing aroundt 1/4 acre of backyard garden. We live on 3/4 of an acre. I have a large koi pond I dug and a lot of flowers blooming trees etc. I call it the Bryant paradice. Lol. My back yard kids are spoiled. We live in Cicero, Ind. We live in town on the far east corner of Buckeye.Street. Please add me to your list .
Dawnelle Bryant
Cicero, Ind.
Backyard kids (chickens) Henry and Henrietta Bryant.

Check online for your city or county ordinance. If no luck there go to your local library. They should have a book of city ordinances. Pretty much chickens are legal in Indiana to raise some places require permits that can range from $1 a chicken to $25. There are some cities that require permission from neighbors if you live within a certain feet of them and most do not allow Roosters as they are noisey. I live in a very small community of a little over 1000 people total plus it is a farming community. Even though I live in the city my neighbors.have no problem with my hen and rooster. I have a neighbor a block over who has several hens and three roosters. One more thing. If you live in a suburb the likelihood hood of you being able to have chickens is slim to non. Most associations do not allow it. Hope I was able to help. If you need further help go to your local court house. They would have the answers you need . And another limitation is no killing chickens in town if you plan to eat them. Which I believe all of us on here are because we love our chicks and they are our backyard pets or suppliers of eggs. My hen lays eggs but because I have a rooster I do not eat them. She isn't a nester so I use the eggs for compost and by my eggs off of a farmer who delivers to my house every Saturday. Lol now if I could only find me a dairy farmer to deliver fresh organic milk I would have it made. Good luck. Hope you get your feather friends.

Back
Top Bottom