Indiana Chickens

hannahrose894

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 20, 2010
West Lafayette
I'm looking for some baby chickens here in Indiana, does anyone know of any good hatcheries or is there anyone out there who has chicks for sale? I live in north west Indiana (Lafayette) but am will drive to get some good ones
smile.png

I also live in NW Indiana...more north than you though. What breed of chickens are you looking for? just trying to help out a fellow hoosier.

Last edited:
Breeds I am looking for are:
Welsummer, Ameraucana, Australorp, Barnevelder, Delaware, Dominique, Aracaunas, Buff Orpingtons, Rocks, Rhode Islands, Sussex and Wyandotte...those are the breeds that i came up with as being the best for me after quite a bit of research.
My favorites are Buff Orpingtons but I would happily settle for any of these.

Hi,

I have some chicks I am wanting to sell. I have 2 Barred Rock pullets, 5 Buff Orpington pullets, 1 Buff Orpington roo, and 1 EE (??) pullet. They are somewhere around 12 weeks old. I'm located in NE IN, Fort Wayne to be exact.

I know theres a swap meet up north this Saturday,(june5) might be a bit of a drive for you and cost $5 to get in but theres tons of stuff. PM me if you wanna know where

or you can have all 3 of my silkie roosters, they are 9 months old...
tongue.png

Last edited:
Hi! I'm from NE Indiana, and I highly recommend checking out Wolff Lake this weekend. It's on Albion Road on the east side of Ligonier. This is where my family has purchased almost all of our birds - including turkeys, geese and ducks. It's $4 carload. We are going to be there this Saturday at 7am. Here's a link to more information: http://visitnoblecounty.com/Attract/WSM.htm.

Back
Top Bottom