Indiana Chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hannahrose894, Jun 1, 2010.

1. hannahrose894

hannahrose894 Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I'm looking for some baby chickens here in Indiana, does anyone know of any good hatcheries or is there anyone out there who has chicks for sale? I live in north west Indiana (Lafayette) but am will drive to get some good ones [​IMG]

2. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    I also live in NW Indiana...more north than you though. What breed of chickens are you looking for? just trying to help out a fellow hoosier.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. hannahrose894

hannahrose894 Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Breeds I am looking for are:
    Welsummer, Ameraucana, Australorp, Barnevelder, Delaware, Dominique, Aracaunas, Buff Orpingtons, Rocks, Rhode Islands, Sussex and Wyandotte...those are the breeds that i came up with as being the best for me after quite a bit of research.
    My favorites are Buff Orpingtons but I would happily settle for any of these.

4. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi,

I have some chicks I am wanting to sell. I have 2 Barred Rock pullets, 5 Buff Orpington pullets, 1 Buff Orpington roo, and 1 EE (??) pullet. They are somewhere around 12 weeks old. I'm located in NE IN, Fort Wayne to be exact.

5. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I know theres a swap meet up north this Saturday,(june5) might be a bit of a drive for you and cost $5 to get in but theres tons of stuff. PM me if you wanna know where

or you can have all 3 of my silkie roosters, they are 9 months old... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  6. I-LOVE-INCUBATORS

I-LOVE-INCUBATORS Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2009
    indiana
    Im also looking for eggs in indiana near {lakeville}

7. way2gomom

way2gomom Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2010
    Hi! I'm from NE Indiana, and I highly recommend checking out Wolff Lake this weekend. It's on Albion Road on the east side of Ligonier. This is where my family has purchased almost all of our birds - including turkeys, geese and ducks. It's $4 carload. We are going to be there this Saturday at 7am. Here's a link to more information: http://visitnoblecounty.com/Attract/WSM.htm.

8. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:thats the one I was talking about [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by