Indiana feed store? Looking for barley..

cmitchee

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Anyone know of any feed stores in central Indiana that sells bulk barley or wheat? I want to start growing fodder but can't seem to find a place that isn't online...

I don't live in Indiana and most farmers (except Monsanto seed farmers) hold stock from the prior season but local feed stores can generally order it. Graineries will carry it. Some Milling companies will sell it whole. You may also look up online and see if Indiana has a foundation seed stock. They will usually be located in larger farming areas.

Edit: may try a local farmer. If you just want a small amount they may have some old stock that they'll just give you.

Btw welcome to BYC. We have a huge community here and plenty of people that can answer just about any question you might come up with. If we can't we usually know someone who can. I'm involved in a few forums on several subjects but BYC is my go to for a good portion of my questions.

I recently started getting my feed from Liberty Feed and Bean meal in Shelby County. I don't know if they sell barley or wheat, but they may be able to point you in the direction of someone who does.

Back
Top Bottom