Indiana Laws help!

...breeds of chicken? You have to have a license in Indiana for chickens?

Lord, nevermind, I see this is posted in quail. Have you contacted the Indiana DNR?

Yep, no reply
Did you call? I have a number for them somewhere I think. I also have an email address for them because I did an FOIA a while back. I remember it took a while to get a reply to my Foia, but those do tend to take awhile anyway so I didn’t think too much about it. Let me see if I still have that info for you.

Here you go, call this number. It looks to be her line, but I’m sure if she can’t answer it, she can transfer you to someone who can.

Precious L. Johnson
Administrative Assistant
Indiana Department of Natural Resources
(317) 234-4969

Here you go, call this number. It looks to be her line, but I’m sure if she can’t answer it, she can transfer you to someone who can.

Precious L. Johnson
Administrative Assistant
Indiana Department of Natural Resources
(317) 234-4969

Thank you! I just talked to a local breeder who deals with DNR and he said you only have to have licenses for indigenous breeds to the U.S. which I’m getting coturnix so I don’t need one 🙌

Good deal. I have very little knowledge of Indiana laws as a whole, just know they have some weird stringent stuff in them from a project I’ve been working on for the last year or so.

Glad you got what info you needed.

Back
Top Bottom