Indoor ducks?!?

I agree with the previous posters, I can't wait til my ducklings finish feathering out so they can go outside. They are fun but extremely messy and get stinky quick, I can't imagine having them in the house full time. I also personally disagree with the use of diapers... it's just unnatural and I can't see how it could be healthy or good for the duck to constantly be wearing one. Sores and the general unsanitary nature of having their own feces cooped up to them. Cockatiels are really great indoor birds, my mom has one that I found outside our house when I was 8 years old... I am now 29! His poops are so tiny and easy to clean lol. I personally have an African grey that is a wonderful parrot, they all have personalities a mile wide and cope very well being inside a majority of the time. Mine just likes sitting on my shoulder getting head scritchies while I watch tv or read. I also wanted to mention my outdoor ducks, if I am out in the yard for any extended period of time they will go out of their way to make an appearance and check out what I'm doing. They offer their insight with some quacks, and will hang out with me while I'm doing whatever. Sometimes I will sit on the ground quietly and my drake will come right up to me within a foot, he does not like to be petted but we enjoy each others company.

Back
Top Bottom