indoor pet rooster problem

You are trying your best to be kind to these animals and the world would be a better place if more people were kind to animals like you are.

I think because you raised them together they should not fight too badly. Maybe they are just fighting to decide who is the boss - that is normal. If they make each other bleed you have a problem you need to fix. If they just jump around and look angry but don't hurt each other it is normal and fine.

I think it would make them happy not to be bored. Is it possible for you to give them a box with sand in it in the sun? Then they can bath in the sand.

Also I think it would help if you hide food for them to find. Chickens like to look for their food. But before they go to sleep you should make sure they they found enough food.

And give them small amounts of different types of food. Like weeds, crickets, maggots, pieces of vegetables.

Sometimes I give mine a whole cabbage to each because it is fun for them but it makes their poop VERY runny.

Another thing you can do is tie an apple to a string and hang it up in their cage and the chickens like to peck at it.

You said that they knock over their water. There are ways to solve that. I like to but a big container and fill it up quite a lot with stones and then put water in that. The stones make it heavy so they can't knock it over. I also put it on bricks so that it is high up and they don't mess food in it. There are other kinds of drinkers you can make for free. There are lots of ideas on Pinterest. If you want some more I can send you pictures.

Oh I have an idea for the poop problem. You make the floor sand. It is very easy to clean the poop up if the floor is sand. You use a cat litter scoop which is very cheap. It looks like a spade with holes in it. The sand falls through the holes and the poop stays in the spade.

hi, I have 2 rescued chickens at home and since i live in an apartment and here streets are flooded with dogs am unable to take them out so am raising them indoor and I got recently covid and for a while am staying alone had to keep them in brooder(cardboard boxes) till I got cured now since they stayed together and got bored or something they cant stand each other one is bigger and if I pet them they go crazy on each other and they poop alot its harder for me to clean had to keep the tied up so its easily manageable I have provided them access to my room and balcony so they can roam around I feel there can be better solution with poop management and there brooder situation and I cant afford for diapers daily for them, am hoping any other alternative solution would be helpful about there fighting and poop management.

I got great help last time here regarding there health and it worked like charm I have included the grown up pic of pooper which you can see in my profile now fully grown to really lovely rooster thanks for your time.
Please sell them to someone so they can live a more natural life. This one looks like a rooster so the one he can not stand is no doubt also a rooster.
Chickens love to scratch the ground and have dust baths and eat bugs and grass. It’s cruel to keep them indoors.

hi, I have 2 rescued chickens at home and since i live in an apartment and here streets are flooded with dogs am unable to take them out so am raising them indoor and I got recently covid and for a while am staying alone had to keep them in brooder(cardboard boxes) till I got cured now since they stayed together and got bored or something they cant stand each other one is bigger and if I pet them they go crazy on each other and they poop alot its harder for me to clean had to keep the tied up so its easily manageable I have provided them access to my room and balcony so they can roam around I feel there can be better solution with poop management and there brooder situation and I cant afford for diapers daily for them, am hoping any other alternative solution would be helpful about there fighting and poop management.

I got great help last time here regarding there health and it worked like charm I have included the grown up pic of pooper which you can see in my profile now fully grown to really lovely rooster thanks for your time.
Please, if you really care for your chickens, PLEASE re-home them. I also have a rooster and he is kennel trained to come in at night so he doesn't disturb the neighbors with his early morning crowing, but he has lots of space and goes back outside in the morning for the day. Chickens need outdoor space to roam, hunt/peck and be free. While you say they have ability to roam in your room and balcony, it's heartbreaking to see/hear of them being tied up. They will get depressed and sickly, and it's just not fair to them. :'(

You know you will eventually be faced with harsh reality when they begin crowing at 3am and everyone in the building begins complaining to the apartment manager (which they will, trust me) you really need to rehome them now while you still have time to find them a nice place to live and before you wind up with an eviction notice on your door. I know you had the best intentions in rescuing them but they really need to be outdoors where they have room to forage and be with some lovely hens.
It will be better for both them and YOU.
😉

Back
Top Bottom