indoor pet rooster problem

Pics
I think it's nice if we can try to understand the culture and environmental that people from other countries are coming from when they come here for help, and when they are trying to communicate with us when it is clear that English is not their native language. Other cultures are very, very, very different from that of the United States, and it can be very hard to imagine what the mores and conditions are there. People in other countries may not have the type of economic advantages and consumer goods that we have in this country. Clearly this person has limited space but is trying to take care of these birds that were initially chemically dyed as babies. As we all know, in many cultures chickens are to eat or to use in fighting, if they can't produce eggs. I am so glad that some people were able to offer help and some great advice. Unfortunately it looks like the questioner may have left.

I think the difference between you and OP is that you take your chicken outdoors, while they started they are unable to do so at all because of dogs. I do think keeping a chicken indoors 100% of the time is a bad idea all around, but that's not what you are doing and I am sure your chicken is very happy. I know several indoor chickens who are perfectly content and well cared for, but they do get outdoor time each day.
She doesn't know any different because I got her at 1.2 ounces, so she really hadn't had time to imprint that long on the other chicks. She is such a beloved member of my home and she seems perfectly content and has laid 97 eggs!

Attachments

• DSCI0399.JPG
    DSCI0399.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCI0221.JPG
    DSCI0221.JPG
    774.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCI0240.JPG
    DSCI0240.JPG
    480.7 KB · Views: 5
Rude! This person is asking for help not criticism.
I agree, but that was more than two months ago, and there have been 6 pages of posts since then-- including some that already pointed out the same thing you said. It's sometimes better to leave sleeping threads alone.

Back
Top Bottom