Indoor silkie care

Mshine92

Chirping
Jan 25, 2021
Hey guys.. I have two silkie hens about 7 months old about a month ago I moved them into their own bedroom inside due to high temps of Phoenix. I'm a vet tech so taking all health percussions with cleanliness.. but my question to you is there any suggestions for the dust? When I say dust I mean dirt dust because I have a kiddle pool in their room filled with dirt so it can mimic natural foraging and dust baths as much as possible. I've just noticed that it's very very dirt dusty in there and worry about their lungs. I have a fan on almost always and a window open but still dusty. Do you think an air purifier is rec? Is there anything specific people do? And should I remove the dirt? I don't really want to for their happiness

Hey guys.. I have two silkie hens about 7 months old about a month ago I moved them into their own bedroom inside due to high temps of Phoenix. I'm a vet tech so taking all health percussions with cleanliness.. but my question to you is there any suggestions for the dust? When I say dust I mean dirt dust because I have a kiddle pool in their room filled with dirt so it can mimic natural foraging and dust baths as much as possible. I've just noticed that it's very very dirt dusty in there and worry about their lungs. I have a fan on almost always and a window open but still dusty. Do you think an air purifier is rec? Is there anything specific people do? And should I remove the dirt? I don't really want to for their happiness
Sweep, all the time. Constantly

It shouldn't damage their lungs too much... but yeah sweep constantly, make sure its not overly dusty. right off the bat I wouldn't recommend keeping chickens in the house, but if you need to then thats fine.

Back
Top Bottom