Inexpensive leg bands needed (2)

I don't see intolerance at all. You could say the same for the poster that was against them, his attitude/delivery was not good. :confused:. People were just saying on their experience that they aren't ALWAYS a bad option. No one gave him the same delivery he gave everyone else. The situation he gave just happened to be a massive operation, not really relevant to the original poster. We can find pros and cons all over about one topic.

Intolerance would be people telling him he can't voice his opinion at all.
Very true, thanks for this. Merely disagreeing is not intolerance. We need to be able to relate our experiences with this stuff and let people decide for themselves what is relevant to their own situation. I have about 50 layers/breeders, 6 roosters and a continuous flow of young ones just passing through on their way to the feed store or to freezer camp; adults and juveniles free range. I use zip ties to keep the identical birds straight and it works very well for me. I figure that I have to check birds regularly for mites and for injuries and for bumblefoot, etc. Checking also for zip tie problems is just done at the same time.

No offense, but I never understood the logic behind folks who provide search results for a negative outcome and then point to those search results as proof something is a horrible idea in general.

People generally post photos and reviews when things go wrong.....not when they go right. It is human nature. Most people only devote the energy to writing a review or posting online if something disappointed them or broke or they are mad or sad.

If I trusted search results for anything with the word "injury" or "broken" or "bad" on the end of it, I would never own a car, washing machine, or pretty much any other product sold online these days. I would not eat at any restaurant, or be able to have my car repaired at a mechanic.

Just my 2 cents.
:oops:

Last edited:
@chickengeorgeto, keep context in mind.
Don't compare huge commercial operations with small backyard flocks.... [/QUOTE]

The International headquarters of Ross Poultry is just down the road from me and they have production operations in the immediate area as well. Besides they have production and research operations on 6 of the Earth's 7 continents just in case a disease outbreak, war, volcanic eruption, or a meteor strike wipes out a flock or two. I do know that they can hatch and ship at least 250,000 chicks daily out of the local hatchery and they don't even sell chicks meant to become broiler-fryers. They just sell the chicks that when crossed become the hybrid chickens that grow up to produce the eggs that poultry producers incubate in order to produce meat chickens. Now that is a huge commercial operation and it is mostly dedicated to keeping the foundation stock of their bloodlines under tight lock and key, similar to what you see in auto sexing chickens.

Back
Top Bottom