Infestation over

Girl4Chickens

Chirping
May 9, 2021
We just had a very very bad mite issue but now we think it’s solved because we don’t see anymore. A few of my chickens suffered badly and have a LOT of feathers gone. How long will it take to come back?Also one of my hens just went broody but we have been using this mite stuff will it affect the eggs?

Photos of hens?

What mite stuff did you use?
As for when they will feather in, depends on if the whole feather was lost or if they are broken. Broken/damaged will be replaced during molt.

Photos of hens?

What mite stuff did you use?
As for when they will feather in, depends on if the whole feather was lost or if they are broken. Broken/damaged will be replaced during molt.
This is the worst looking one they look more broke but not sure

Attachments

• E127058A-8F5E-4CBC-BE17-1B4942AF9566.jpeg
    E127058A-8F5E-4CBC-BE17-1B4942AF9566.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 3
We used some of that BE and a few dust bath stuff I know it’s dangerous and we should just throw them out just in case. It’s only been 3days with the eggs but you can tell she wants them so much.:(

This is the worst looking one they look more broke but not sure

We used some of that BE and a few dust bath stuff I know it’s dangerous and we should just throw them out just in case. It’s only been 3days with the eggs but you can tell she wants them so much.:(
Do you have a rooster?

I can't tell you about "dust bath stuff" because I have no idea what you used.

DE (Diatomaceous Earth) I don't think would be an issue for hatching eggs.

Do you have a rooster?

Do you have a rooster?

We have two roosters but one is going away because he is too aggressive. We use BE and what is called garden sevin dust.

Do you have a rooster?

We have two roosters but one is going away because he is too aggressive. We use BE and what is called garden sevin dust.
I see. Well, technically sevin is not approved for use in poultry, but I use it. I had chicks hatch just fine under my broodies that I treated. Can't say whether it's completely "safe" but really if you think about it...what is?

I would let her sit if she's got fertile eggs. See how it goes. I do suggest that you have a place where she can sit in peace without harassment from other hens and the roosters. Preferably housing for her is near or the others.

Back
Top Bottom